Collectible of the Day 031 - Topps Candy Heads

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Collectible of the Day​

5267286092_d614ed5061.jpg

Today’s collectibles are plastic candy heads released by Topps in the early 1980s. They produced 9 different heads for The Empire Strikes Back, including: Boba Fett (seen on the far right), 2-1B, Bossk, C-3PO, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Taun Taun, and Yoda. For Return of the Jedi there were 6 heads: Admiral Ackbar, Darth Vader, Ewok, Jabba the Hutt, Sy Snootles, and a Wokling.

The ESB line all had screw on caps, while the ROTJ heads had pop off caps. These candy heads are all small in size, standing about 2 inches tall, give or take. In the mid-1990s, Topps released a carded 4-pack of new candy heads, featuring Chewbacca, C-3PO, Darth Vader, and Yoda. More recently, a bag of Darth Vader candy heads was available as Halloween favors. There has also been a wide variety of candy containers, dispensers, and packaging released for all three prequel movies.

Discuss this collectible here.

If you have an item you'd like to have featured, please PM me and provide a detailed description and a link to a medium sized, relatively in-focus photo. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A few years ago the local Kmart (nothing to do with the American version) here in New Zealand was selling Star Wars Giant Pez Dispencers ... but they looked like horrible, very plasticky rubbish, so I didn't bother buying them. I seem to remember a Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper, Darth Vader and C-3PO, but there may have been others.

I do have a Darth Vader Chupa Chups Pen Pop like the one in the picture below that I was given a few years ago (I know there's one in the desk drawer, but there may be another one around too). The bottom cap comes off to reveal a rather useless, never-working pen and there's a switch on the side you can slide up which spilts Vader's head in two and raises the lollipop. I know there's also a Stormtrooper version and maybe more.

fo3465b.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Very cool Buzz. I don't remember ever seeing any Pen Pops quite like that here in the States. I did recently acquire a giant C-3PO PEZ dispenser though. In came in a large C-3PO lot..same lot as my C-3POs cereal box. It's a little cooler than I expected....it even plays the Star Wars theme when you raise his head....and instead of dispensing single PEZ....it dispenses entire packs of PEZ. If I average out the cost of the lot...I only paid maybe $1-$2 for the giant PEZ head. It's certainly not worth what they originally retailed for ($25 or more).