Collectible of the Day 029 - Omni Shampoo Bottles

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Collectible of the Day​

5266708025_dd011795e1.jpg

Today’s collectibles are shampoo and bubble bath bottles made by Omni Cosmetics. They produced a number of figural bottles, including Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, R2-D2, Wicket and Yoda. Most were available with either Shampoo or Bubble Bath. In addition, they offered blue bottled “Refueling Stations” so you could refill your character bottles. There were also some Luke and Leia themed travel kits that contained smaller blue bottles of character shampoo, rinse, and conditioner, along with other accessories like combs.

These bottles are from my childhood and are among my favorite collectibles. I still remember them sitting in the corner of the bathtub. These bottles offered some great likenesses, and characters like Yoda, Leia, R2, and Luke were painted for even more detail. There are a number of other vintage soap bottles out there, and figural bottles were produced for all three prequel movies. They can all be found easily on eBay, although some of the other vintage bottles will require patience to track down.

Discuss this collectible here.

If you have an item you'd like to have featured, please PM me and provide a detailed description and a link to a medium sized, relatively in-focus photo. :)