Collectible of the Day 028 - Luke's Lightsaber Universal Remote

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Collectible of the Day​

5266706205_f368219b25.jpg

Today’s collectible is a Lightsaber Universal Remote Control made by Kash ’N’ Gold. It was produced in the mid 1990s, and for a time it was one of the most realistic looking lightsaber replicas, short of a $300 prop replica. These remotes were often seen in all types of catalogs, but I don’t recall ever seeing one in a store. I acquired one at a convention last year for less than $5.00, and it finally reached its place in my collection. Unfortunately, it is so old that it no longer works with newer TVs. I guess it’s “universal” in that in doesn’t work with anything. :p However, it’s still cool to look at.

In 1999, a Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator universal remote was produced. I think it was a stretch of the imagination, as were many of the Episode I products that flooded the market. More recently, Taito in Japan produced two Lightsaber remotes: one for Darth Vader and the another rendition of Luke’s ROTJ saber. I haven’t heard anything about them, but they probably work with most modern TVs.

Discuss this collectible here.

If you have an item you'd like to have featured, please PM me and provide a detailed description and a link to a medium sized, relatively in-focus photo. :)