Collectible of the Day 011 - Tsuneo Sanda Vader Print

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Collectible of the Day​

5044713325_2cb43e9c76.jpg

Today’s collectible is a Tsuneo Sanda print produced for Celebration Japan. It features Darth Vader, covered in flames, stalking out of the shadows of Mount Fuji. The painting is both haunting and beautiful. It is also quite symbolic, as the flames and volcano might represent the fiery temper of Anakin/Vader, and the dangerously unpredictable nature of the Dark Side. It also looks back at Vader’s origins on Mustafar, and his trial and rebirth by fire.

I’m a big fan of Star Wars art. I need more walls to hang all the artwork I’ve accumulated. This print is probably my favorite Tsuneo Sanda piece, although it is hard to choose only one. He has done numerous Star Wars prints, including some featuring dozens and even hundreds of different characters. His artwork has also graced the Revenge of the Sith comic book adaptations, and fans may remember some of his early work on posters for the Star Wars Fan Club.

Discuss this collectible here.

If you have an item you'd like to have featured, please PM me and provide a detailed description and a link to a medium sized, relatively in-focus photo. :)