Clone Wars battlefield

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by darthskellington, Jan 1, 2007.

1. darthskellington

darthskellington Dark Lord of the Typos

Here's a Clone Wars battlefield I whipped up yesterday for fun. There's 18 pictures total which can be viewed here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50003406@N00/tags/clonewars/

The ground is a perfectly patterned piece of material I found at the goodwill. I think it was a shower curtain or some home-made curtains.

2. darthskellington

3. darthskellington

It consists of:
    27 Clones
    6 Jedi
    17 Battle Droids
    3 tanks
    1 gunship
    2 speederbikes
    1 bounty hunter

For those wondering....some of those clones are the bootleg japanese clones that appeared shortly after AOTC opened.

4. Sifo-Dyas

Sifo-Dyas died almost 10 years ago

Nice. You should do a stop-motion movie with it now :p
    If you do it I'll do the sound fx track :D

5. RYAN-J

RYAN-J TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER

DUDE! That's Awesome!! I didn't Know Kit Fisto had such well toned Biceps:D :D How long did it take you to put together?

RYAN J.

6. darthskellington

@Sify-Dyas Thanks! I'd love to try my hand at stop-motion sometime....but I think I'll make my start with something a little less complex.....like...one figure. :p Not to mention....I don't think my computer is up to the challenge. (BTW...does anyone know any good software for animating images...preferably for free?)

@Ryan Muchas gracias.......it didn't take me long...no more than an hour.....and most of that was taking clear stands off of other figures so I could use them to stand these guys up. :D

The whole scene is set up on a double-size bed...the same bed that has played host to the Battle of Hoth and numerous incarnations of an Old Republic Starship Hangar (loaded with clones, gunships, and starfighters).

Next up I might try my hand at a simple Endor dio. Mind you, all the dios on the bed amount to a piece of fabric and a bunch of toys...so that the bed can still be used if I ever have guests. :p

7. Sifo-Dyas

Ya that would be some stop-motion project, that was my joke.. ;)

Do you mean a free program that can make an animated .gif file out of a series of images/jpegs? I just heard about one of those recently and I can try to look up where I saw that, if that's what you mean.

8. darthskellington

That's exactly what I'm looking for. :)

9. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

Looks great Skel, plus lots of fun to do. Wish I had that kind of free time....

10. Sifo-Dyas

Ok, I'm on it. Can't seem to find the same info I saw recently, but I have some friends in the know that I've asked and started a thread about it where I saw the other info.
    I'm sure I'll have some program names for you, just give it a few days...

I'm interested in having an app for that as well and giving it a try myself .

11. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Hmmm ... I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any hillsides with giant power sockets on them ... then again they would have to have somewhere to re-charge all those droids. ;)

12. star_wars_fan

star_wars_fan Infiltrator

Looks great!

13. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

Some people just can't recognize an exhaust port when they see one :p

14. darthskellington

LOL......thanks guys. :D

15. Stevetrooper

Stevetrooper Galactic Groundpounder

Do you have a webcam? My logitech one has a stopmotion feature, so i thought maybe other brands do that too.

16. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Well you would be exhausted after recharging all those droids, so it could well be "any old port in a storm". ;)

17. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

Its still so important to know the difference between a power socket and a computer terminal :p

18. Sifo-Dyas

F.Y.I. Update:

I just today (finally) got 3 different GIF animator apps sent to me by a friend.
    I'll be checking them out over the next few days and report back here with which is good /newb user friendly etc............

19. darthskellington