Clone Wars animated series cancelled?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I'm not sure if the show is actually being cancelled or whether someone has got confused with it ending on Cartoon Network, but this is from JediNews.co.uk ...

Ended The Clone Wars Have

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Although not yet officially confirmed, we’re hearing from several sources tonight that The Clone Wars as a TV show \ series has ended. It’s not yet clear what will happen to the unaired finished episodes, those partway through production or if they will try and tie the show up with a direct to DVD \ Blu-ray movie (something that Disney are known to have done with some of their other properties).

The Clone Wars has graced our screens for the last five seasons over six years and with each new episode the animation, lighting, acting, stories, direction and production kept getting better and better and we’re sure this decision will upset many fans. We don’t believe that it’s ever too late to let our voices be heard as a community and we suggest writing to Bob Iger, Kathleen Kenedy and George Lucas asking for a conclusion, leading into the events of Espiode III, at the addresses below:
  • Bob Iger – Disney Studios, 500 S Buena Vista St, Burbank, CA 91521, USA
  • Kathleen Kennedy – Lucasfilm, P.O. Box 29901, San Francisco, CA 94129-0901, USA
  • George Lucas – P.O. Box 2009, San Rafael, CA 94912, USA
We want to take the opportunity to thank Dave Filoni and all at Lucasfilm Animation for their amazing work, thus far, and to let them all know that we are here with you, together in the Force, willing the continuation of The Clone Wars which will allow fans around the world to know the fates of Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress and others.

Even assuming those addresses are correct, writing to George Lucas won't achieve anything.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Well, it's now official that The Clone Wars is semi-cancelled. This is from StarWars.com ...

A NEW DIRECTION FOR LUCASFILM ANIMATION

As we enter into an exciting new era focused on the next Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm has decided to pursue a new direction in animated programming. We are exploring a whole new Star Wars series set in a time period previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming. You can expect more details in the months to come.

As part of this shift, we have also made some key decisions affecting Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Detours.

After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content. In the video at StarWars.com, Supervising Director Dave Filoni offers a peek of what is to come in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

At Star Wars Celebration VI last year, George Lucas gave fans a glimpse at the animated comedy series Star Wars Detours from Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, and Todd Grimes. Detours was conceived and produced before we decided to move forward with the new Star Wars trilogy, and in the wake of that decision, Lucasfilm has reconsidered whether launching an animated comedy prior to the launch of Episode VII makes sense. As a result, we've decided to postpone the release of Detours until a later date.

We are incredibly proud of the teams at Lucasfilm Animation for creating some of the most amazing animation ever produced for TV. Keep checking StarWars.com for new developments on these and future projects.

So, it's only been about six months (if that) and we already have:
  • 3D-erised movies - CANCELLED (no great loss though)
  • Star Wars 1313 game - "ON HOLD"
  • The Clone Wars - basically CANCELLED
  • Star Wars Detours - "ON HOLD"
  • Dark Horse - rumoured to be gone when current contract ends
  • Hasbro slowing down figure / vehicle releases
Not a great start to Disney's take-over of the franchise.

With LucasArts and LucasAnimation staff already now twiddling their thumbs, whose next LucasBooks? Hasbro? There's not a lot left outside of the main money-makers like ILM. :(

SWfan

Infiltrator
I am not liking the way Disney's running things. I liked seeing the Star Wars films in the theaters again and was really looking forward to the 3D releases of the OT. Also thought the new game sounded awesome and now it's pretty much cancelled. And the Clone Wars was getting really good so they decide to cancel it. Stupid Disney.

SWfan

Infiltrator
When Disney first bought out Lucasfilm I was like "Yay new movies!", but now they're pretty much ruining everything that was already going and I just want them to go away and stop screwing things up. :(