Celebration IV autograph list

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Sarasotarockstr;73475 said:
Hi guys. I made a fairly agonizing decision today - I'm skipping C4.

Planned on going - but friends in L.A. I was going to stay with got a job transfer out of state so factoring in all the costs and available days off, I'm not going.

The reason I post this is twofold. One is - not going to C4 cements that I will be at all the SW Weekends again this year. Not sure how many of you are coming down to Florida, but I live 80 mins. from Disney and will be there each weekend. Because of this, I may be able to score some autos for someone not coming (always up in the air due to fast pass availability but I'll try!).

My autograph policy is - I'll do it for free - just whatever it costs me plus $5 for priority mail shipping.

The other reason - I want to see who from here is going to C4 and would be available to pick me up some autographs. I'm happy of course to pay an extra fee for the time and inconvenience. I may have to divide it up as I have a bit of a list of the sigs I'm looking for.

SOO...if any of you are up to this, email me at bret@effort.com. Preferably email how much extra per pic you'd want for the service and which celebs YOU are planning on getting. I figure most of us TTM'ers will be getting a lot of the same folks, so not wanting to put anyone out, I'd rather you just get the extra pic signed while you're there as opposed to standing in a line for me and only me.

There are a few others I'm debating that I have TTM - but at $15 w/photo may be worth a second auto.

Anyway, any help you guys can provide is amazing.

Thanks!

Bret
Yeah Bret,
I totally understand what you're going through. I realized that I couldn't make it to C4 late last year when I realized that it would cost me close to $1,000 just to get there Pre-Admission, not even including autographs. I'd love to make it to SW Weekends too, but the Air Force has other plans for me as they've giving me marching orders for this summer, so that means no cons for me. On the flip side, that does mean when I get back from the tour, I should have a stack of TTM successes waiting for me. :)

dahoov2

New Recruit
I am an autograph collector from long ago; wish I could go to CIV but this time too far away. Went last time and got things for people (same as Matt offered, but just a couple dollars more to pay for my trip). Better than paying higher Fees or competing for Ebay! Man, the people in line were fantastic to talk to. I had a blast, meeting people from all over. I think that was more enjoyable than anything else... well seeing George Lucas was pretty cool.

Anyway, I have over 1250 different Star Wars related autographs (well over 3-4 thousand total) but am amazed at all the new collectors; and how fast they collect!

What's sad though is all the joy of collecting is gone when you have to purchase everything... . It used to be so much fun but when you have to open your wallet to pay, it's not so fun anymore. The actors used to be so nice. Now, they are still nice somewhat, but some are coming out of the starting gate so to speak, wanting big bucks when they have no screen time!

So because of that I don't collect so much (still collecting them, but focusing also on other things too like Harry Potter and LOTR and Pirates etc). I enjoy that a lot. Today, I have sent out a lot of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and King Arthur requests. Still, my love remains first and foremost Star Wars!

I've appreciated seeing some of the photos posted and the enthusiasm here. I probably won't post much, but wanted to say hi and say I hope you all experience the fun part of collecting! Sorry for the long post. Was neat to see all you on here so excited about collecting.

PS At the risk of upsetting people here, I think the CIV guest list is weak. I guess it's because I've got everyone already but mostly because these are almost the exact same ones as before. You know what would have been EXTEMELY cool? Seeing people like Milton Johns, John Dicks, Tom Mannion, Jerry Harte, Paul Brooke, heck, I could've given them Ray Hassett's and Robin Scobey's addresses etc. But they didn't want help... just the same guests. I get why Jeremy Bulloch, Prowse etc but why not some new people or some old ones that never do shows? Give them a chance too. I think older and new collectors could both appreciate those old trilogy guys! What do you think? Maybe we can lobby for them for CV? If we band together.... LOL

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Welcome to the site dahoov2 :) Yes, I agree that the line-up isn't as interesting..at least if you have most of them already. It's great for first timers, but I too would have liked some new faces. Maybe there will be some more in store for us. I am kinda hoping for some new ROTS names, or more classic trilogy names.

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
I agree about the loss of the "freebie" auto. I understand why some actors command a lot of money for an autograph. Christopher Lee is a legend, for example. However, it has been a bit disconcerning to see a lot of the lesser (and I mean lesser - one or two lines if any in the films, blink or you'll miss it screentime) begin demanding money for their signatures.

Do they have a right? Absolutely. Thank God for Star Wars collecting that there are SO MANY great TTM signers. Bulloch, James Earl Jones, Baker and the list goes on. Most of the ones I'm buying are the folks that refuse to sign TTM or if there's a question of validity.

I left the hobby for years - a chance encounter with TBS crew at SW Weekends got me back into it. On the plus side - it seems now that there's so much more info out there for TTM. Sites like this one, Wattographs, Startiger, etc. are amazing tools - better than trolling the newsgroups like the old days.

Thanks to those of you who said you're heading to C4. I'll be making arrangements soon!

Bret

Jedi_Joel

Agent
darthskellington;73497 said:
Welcome to the site dahoov2 :) Yes, I agree that the line-up isn't as interesting..at least if you have most of them already. It's great for first timers, but I too would have liked some new faces. Maybe there will be some more in store for us. I am kinda hoping for some new ROTS names, or more classic trilogy names.
Well, there's still 5 more rounds of announcements to go through! So, there's still hope. :)

dahoov2

New Recruit
The thing that worries me is if you got back to all the guests who normally attend conventions and the Past Celebrations, the ones NOT announced yet could easily fill up the remaining announcements. You can bank on these (my guesses for the next round or two):

Jerome Blake
The Jensen Brothers
Matt Wood
Alan Rusco
Leanna Walsman
Bodie Taylor
Mike Quinn
Billy Dee Williams
Toby Philpott
Amy Allen

Most likely as well:
Ralph Brown
Christine Hewett
Ken Colley
Julian Glover

Newbies I am thinking about they might get:
Kee Chan

Anyway, I still like the Trilogy the best and long to see some of the older actors who've been signers but not done conventions. THAT I'd definately go to.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Good point. Mike Quinn has officially retired from conventions for now so he can work on other projects....though there are always exceptions. :p

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
@DarkMatterGrphs

if you want to join in the conversation and/or help out fellow collectors, that's fine. Do not continue to push your "services" on this site and do not post anything that resembles a threat to another member of this forum.

this is the only warning

darthskellington;73415 said:
I think $35 for Fisher is acceptable. Any higher would be pushing it. Not to mention....the tickets will be limited. If I recall...her line at C2 was horrible...taking 2 or more hours. Between teh price and limits...this should make it more reasonable.

I heard someone took more than 16 hours to get her auto.How much her auto in C2?$15?Glad I have the C2 one:)

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man
As of right now, I'm probably not going. It's just not going to be worth it to pick up the 3 or so autos I need. However, if the rumor about Sam Jackson going is true, that may change my mind...

I agree with what the others have said; I'd love to see some new signers. I love the regular convention signers, but a lot of die hard collectors already have everyone.

BTW, welcome to the site Sue :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
More names have evidently been added to the OfficialPix website for C4 ...

• Amy Allen - Aayla Secura
  • Jerome Blake - Rune Haako, Mas Amedda, Orn Free Taa, Oppo Rancisis
  • Debbie Carrington - Ewok
  • Dermot Crowley - General Crix Madine
  • Grey Delisle - voice of Padme, Shaak Ti and Asajj Ventress from CLONE
    WARS cartoon
  • Collin Higgins - X-wing pilot (ANH)
  • Mike Kingma - Tarfful
  • Alan Ruscoe - Plo Kloon, Daultay Dofine, Bib Fortuna
  • Margo Schellhorn - Ewok
  • Felix Sillia - Ewok (and Twiki from BUCK ROGERS!) ... Bidi, bidi, bidi. (and that's not the eBay chant!) ;)
  • Kevin Thompson - Ewok
  • Matthew Wood - Bib Fortuna, voice of General Grievous

Darth SANJ

New Recruit
Howdy From Arizona!!

I am new to SW autographs.. but NOT to the Saga! I have been asked to give a talk there actually by Lucasfilm (only an hour) but it is my first time at a Con! I intend to have my Saga edition of Trivial Pursuit signed by all the majors (the board). As you have all said, the Con is great if you are new to this to receive many signs at one time.

Of course it is very $$$ out of the gate! Official Pix before I purchase asks for a Coupon code. I have searched everywhere to find one. Do any of you Autograph Jedi know how to get one? I would truly be gracious.

Lastly, how long will it take to get say 7 to 10 majors? One full day? Any strategies on how to make it faster (without being rude to others in line of course. I cannot STAND for cutters, etc.). Any tips would be great!

Darth SANJ

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man
Darth SANJ;73913 said:
Howdy From Arizona!!

I am new to SW autographs.. but NOT to the Saga! I have been asked to give a talk there actually by Lucasfilm (only an hour) but it is my first time at a Con! I intend to have my Saga edition of Trivial Pursuit signed by all the majors (the board). As you have all said, the Con is great if you are new to this to receive many signs at one time.

Of course it is very $$$ out of the gate! Official Pix before I purchase asks for a Coupon code. I have searched everywhere to find one. Do any of you Autograph Jedi know how to get one? I would truly be gracious.

Lastly, how long will it take to get say 7 to 10 majors? One full day? Any strategies on how to make it faster (without being rude to others in line of course. I cannot STAND for cutters, etc.). Any tips would be great!

Darth SANJ

A major way to cut down on time is to keep an eye on the lines. Some of the more popular signers (Mayhew, Prowse, Park, etc) will probably have steady lines throughout the day, but the people with smaller roles will often have very short lines, if any at all. At C3 I was able to chat with a lot of the actors because there were no lines. I also recommend getting there early and going to the autograph hall first thing. If you time everything right, it shouldn't take a whole day to get 10 signatures.

pushican

Lightning Bear
Hi Everyone

Just thought I would let everyones fears fade away. Yesterday I recieved my travel confirmation for C4. So Barring major earthquake, Locust or any of the great Plagues I shall be a C4.

Lightning Bear

darthskellington;73256 said:
Cool. Of that list, there are 3 I need autographs from and 13 I have not met. And one I have interviewed :p Hmmm.....no Lightning Bear on that list. Wonder if something has changed. ???

Sarasotarockstr

I'm still looking for people to grab autos for me at C4. I think Skellington said he could help, but not sure.

I'd like to get rolling on this, set up who can get who for me and figure out the payment arrangements.

Again, anyone interested in helping me out please email me at bret@effort.com

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Another five names have been added to the roster ...

• Julian Glover - General Veers
  • Mat Lucas - Clone Wars voice of Anakin
  • Howie Weed - Wampa
  • Andy Secombe - Watto
  • Zach Jensen - Kit Fisto

Which reportedly makes 55 people so far, with more to be announced.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, I can definitely help you out Rockstar. I post a list of who I'm definitely getting soon. Sorry if I left you up in the air. :p

Sarasotarockstr

It's cool Skel. I thank you in advance.

I saw on Rebelscum there's a company that will do it for $7.79 surcharge which includes shipping and handling. However, that's $7.79 per item, so it could add up if I get 10 of them (whereas someone on here could combine for shipping). Plus you can have it personalized.

So I figure whichever celebs I can't find a "Bothan Spy" to help me out with, I'll go with them.

Here's the link!

http://www.bigfanboy.com/autographs/c4/order.html