Canadians and Hockey

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i'd like to take this chance to welcome whoever it it was that started this thread..............i forget now.:sleep:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, it's Rimsey...who, by the way, hasn't posted since starting this thread. He's gonna have a surprise when he gets back, isn't he.

But yeah, everyone welcome "Rimsey" to the site!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I felt bad for Rimsey and since these posts had pretty much nothing to do with that thread, it has been moved here. Continue bashing each others' Hockey team in this new thread, if you want.

:usa:

membraneman

Bounty Hunter
:cflag: Hey how bout them Oilers?? Nothing stopping them this year!!:worship:...............................Did I just say that:smirk:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
change subject?

Hockey's not our thing over here but at least us Aussies beat you all in the swimming (e.g Olympics , W/Championships lol

thommo:aussie:

richkulach

New Recruit
The Oil

Hey membraneman. The Oil are so gona take it all this year, even without Doug Weight. They have been my fav team since I was a young lass in arround 85-86. The real Hay Day for our Oil. It all wnet down hill when Messier left. :hurl:

Don't be too quick to bash our Canadian Swimming team thommo. Granted, we may not be as good as you guys, but we can sure hold our own.

Richkulach

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
no bashing intentional

no bashing intended richkulach . i don't even get to see much in the way of your hockey over thereexcept pay tv but it looks pretty intense. the swimming comps are also pretty well fought out between us and you.definately
Back to Star wars?

thommo:aussie:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
just kiddin'
Hockey is not my thing, i'll leave this thread to you guys.
play nice

:bash:

Barada

Saboteur
Hockey and swimming

Hey, let's get something straight. Wasn't Hamilton, Ontario's own Joanne Malar a medallist in the Olympics? That's about all I know about swimming.

Now, let's see. Oilers, Flyers, Stars, Senators, Rangers. All teams that have been talked about over the last couple of days. They all have one thing in common. NONE OF THEM WILL WIN THE CUP THIS YEAR!!!!! :p

I like Edmonton, but let's face it, without Salo, they'd be hard pressed to win a game. The Flyers are an overrated bunch whose egos get in the way each and every year and that costs them a shot at it all. The Stars are too old. The Senators can't win a post-season game, regardless of how they do throughout the year. The Rangers are formidable this year, but they really need a goalie to take over from Richter.

How about some other teams? Colorado? They've lost Bourque and Forsberg. 'Nuff said. Devils? See Dallas Stars. Red Wings? Same story. St. Louis? See Rangers.

Calgary, Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Chicago, Minnesota, Columbus, Atlanta, Florida, Tampa Bay, NY Islanders, Boston, Montreal, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Nashville, Phoenix. All of these teams will have trouble just making the playoffs.

That leaves two teams. Washington looks like a scary team this year, but beyond Jagr and Bondra, do they have any other scorers?

Of course, that leaves only one team. Toronto. They have the forwards. Mogilny, Sundin, Roberts, Renberg, Reichel, etc. They have the goalie. They have average defense, but with Joseph, does it matter?

The Leafs win the cup! GO LEAFS GO :hello:

Barada

P.S. I hope no one takes this too seriously ;)