C3 Autograph Photos

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Well the people at Official Pix have allowed us to get a Sneak Peak at the photos that'll be available at C3. They'll post the EP3 photos a little later on. I'm a little put off by them because the dimensions of the logo are Approx 1&1/4wide x 1&5/8tall in inches whereas the Star Wars Circle logo on the photos sold in the store is 1.25 inches. Seen here at about actual size:
c3tag.jpg

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
they have warwick davis photos and from what i can tell, he's not scheduled to sign.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, those are kinda big, and black, so they stand out. Technically they take up less space than the foil Celebration II from last time, but those were pretty unobtrusive.

Davis wasn't on the signing list, but he will be there hosting. He will be signing something at the breakfast. Funny though, I don't recall seeing a Jay LaGaia photo for him to sign at the breakfast.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
mynock11 said:
Some real nice picks there...Are they the 5.00 ones?
Yup they are and they're also what's going to be in the photo binder.
AmShak said:
they have warwick davis photos and from what i can tell, he's not scheduled to sign.
I noticed that too and asked them about that and this is the reply:
We have a name still pending, but at present very unlikely. Warwick will be hosting the event, but has offered to stock out pull-service (pre-signed photo store) so that fans may still get a CIII autographed logo photo. I expect those to be $15 (one auto coupon/one photo coupon) but have not yet gotten confirmation.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Joel has got his game on. :) Not to mention, official pix is really good about replying to e-mails. Give em credit for that.

Barada

Saboteur
My suggestion is to bring something of your own to sign if you have it.

The photos are okay for anyone that either doesn't have anything, or doesn't like their personal stuff autographed, but the photos will run your cost up.

Believe me, I think I spent around $200 at CII on autographs (possibly more), and if you add $5 per photo, 10 autographs is going to cost you an extra $50. It'll be $100 for 20 autographs. You could easily get more autographs than that too. I spent that much, and it was only on OT actors. :eek:

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Another option I've suggested before is getting one item signed by everyone, such as a C3 poster. Depends on how many sigs you're getting, and what your preferences are.

Hey Barada, how were the lines at C2 for the average actor? How about for the big names (Prowse, etc.) that usually appear at every show? I heard at times there were NO lines for some people like Michael Sheard.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
You know you want to get that David Prowse signature on your forehead. That'd be sweeet.

Barada

Saboteur
darthskelington said:
Hey Barada, how were the lines at C2 for the average actor? How about for the big names (Prowse, etc.) that usually appear at every show? I heard at times there were NO lines for some people like Michael Sheard.

It depended on the actor. Some of the minor background characters had little to no lineups most of the time.

The hotties seemed to get quite a bit of attention (Amy Allen, Michonne Bourriague, etc.).

The bigger stars (Prowse, Bulloch, Mayhew, Billy Dee, etc.), had lineups that averaged between 10-45 minute waits.

Carrie Fisher had her own room, and her lineup had an 8-hour wait within an hour of opening the doors that day. :eek:

If you really want the autographs, do what I did with our old mod Ishi Tib. He stood in one line with his and my item to get signed, while I stood in another line with another item of mine and his. Broke the waiting time in half. The autograph hall was so crammed, you didn't feel like you missed out on seeing any actors.

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Borsk said:
You know you want to get that David Prowse signature on your forehead. That'd be sweeet.

Yes!.....then I'd have a reason not to bathe!......oh...wait..... ;)

@Barada: Cool. Thanks for the info. :)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Borsk said:

you would probably get a lecture about the dangers of ink poisoning ... ask barada