C-3P0 bust-up

Nightwing

New Recruit
A nice surprise that came with the stormtrooper, was a bust-up. I got the threepio one. I don't know if they are randomly inserted, or all get the protocol droid. But it's a great item, and totally unsuspected!

Attachments

• c3po1.jpg
    c3po1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 263
  • c3po2.jpg
    c3po2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 255
  • c3po3.jpg
    c3po3.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 257
  • c3po4.jpg
    c3po4.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 264

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
My Stormtrooper bust came with the C-3PO bust-up too, and even though it was a nice surprise this definitely assured me that I will not be buying any of these bust-ups. I think it's a poorly made product, and my C-3PO falls apart anytime you try picking it up. It's also made out of cheap plastic, but what do you expect for something that's only suppose to retail at approximately $5 a pop?

Nightwing

New Recruit
dustrho said:
My Stormtrooper bust came with the C-3PO bust-up too, and even though it was a nice surprise this definitely assured me that I will not be buying any of these bust-ups. I think it's a poorly made product, and my C-3PO falls apart anytime you try picking it up. It's also made out of cheap plastic, but what do you expect for something that's only suppose to retail at approximately $5 a pop?
the Threepio is the worst pick out of all the bust-ups. It is definitely hard to assemble. You have to make sure that the slots at the side are actually in, otherwise it will fall apart. But if they are in, it should not fall apart. You may have tou bend the base a bit because it might have curved up a bit and this may be one of the reasons why it is not staying together.

But when it is finally put together, I think it looks great.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I've managed to get hold of a full set of bust-ups so far. They're not bad. Fairly detailed and reasonably small, so easy to display.

I'm looking forward to the imminent arrival of the next wave.

Nightwing

New Recruit
they have been coming with the mini busts since the stormtrooper, and they have been popping up on eBay recently

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Yup, plenty to be found on ebay ;)

Some at much better prices than others. Patience is a virtue!

Oh yeah, and the glow in the dark ones really do :)

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I've heard reports of them at Hot Topic, but mine has had none!! Early shopping this morning at Black Friday, they still had nothing. When I went to FYE Movies to see what was new, they had a brand new box of them so I got 2 of each and was able to score a Leia Chase Variant!! All I need is the next wave!!!!!

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I was lucky enough to snag a Leia chase variant in what was sold as a standard set. now I've gotta track down a standard one. Should be an easier hunt for a change.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Darth Boru said:
I was lucky enough to snag a Leia chase variant in what was sold as a standard set. now I've gotta track down a standard one. Should be an easier hunt for a change.

does anyone have or know where we might find images of the two variants?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
then it appears that i am still looking for the standard version. i bought a leia at a local shop and also got a freebie leia packed in with the Luke Xwing bust .... both of which are the same as the spirit leia (pointing the gun)

Nightwing

New Recruit
I got a LUke with my Luke - but another threepio with my guard :( Trade ya!

In other news, I am getting the Chrome Vader and Fett busts! :D

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
yeah, i'm not too jazzed about that 3po so i'll keep the extra leia for now.