Bothan Spy Quest

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
The Bothan Spy Quest has begun!

Groups have a chance to win Unleashed Battle Packs Commanders and Heroes.

4445c229d4334f.jpg

Click here to read the rules and play.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
4445c1dd696d5e.gif

Below are 15 tasks, each correct answer is worth 1 point. The group with the most points at the end of the game wins the Unleashed prize.

E-mail answers to : scavenger@thebothanspy.com with the word scavenger and each task number in the subject line. Be sure to include your screen name and your group name. Points will be updated daily.

This contest will end May 15 at 11:59pm EST. The prize will be awarded to the group that wins. The group then decides if one member wins it all or if it is split among them. If a group decision cannot be made a raffle will be held in that group. Bothan Spy staff members are not eligible for the prize. Staff members can answer question about the game, but cannot help with the tasks. In case of a tie between groups, one group will be chosen at random to win the prize.

Bothan Spy Quest
1. How many Super-D toys were released by Burger King for its entire ROTS promotion? (31+17=48)

2. Who destroyed the second Death Star? (Lando and Wedge)

3. In Revenge of the Sith, Yoda is not the only Jedi on Kashyyyk. Who is the other? (Luminara Unduli)

4. The Phantom Menace won an MTV Movie award in which category? (Best Action Sequence)

5. What number was ROTS 3 3/4 fig Zett Jukassa? (52)

6. On The X-Files how many times did Amanda Nelligan say she saw Star Wars? (368)

7. Who accused Admiral Ackbar of treason? (Borsk Fey'lya)

8. Who was the captain of the Chimaera after the Battle of Endor? Gilad Pellaeon

9. What planet is known as "Star's End"? (Mytus VII)

10. In Revenge of the Sith who is the first Jedi master shown to be targeted by Order 66? (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

11. In what order does Palpatine/Darth Sidious kill the 4 Jedi High Council members that attempt to arrest him? (Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto, Mace Windu)

12. The 'Mist Hunter' belongs to which Star Wars character? (Zuckuss)

13. The Z-95 Headhunter is a prototype for what ship? (X-Wing)

14. Photo task: Create a lightsaber out of household items. Send in a pic of your creation.

15. Draw Kit Fisto. E-mail the result!

Good luck to all! Thanks for playing.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Reminder:

Since the moderators that are in your groups have been exposed to the answers, they are not allowed to actually participate in the trivia question portion of this contest. Look at them as guides.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I don't know about the other groups but Corvus is all over this contest. Those losers, i mean....other teams...don't stand a chance ;)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I doubt I'll have time to do anything about this - I've got two big annual Directories that have to be done over the next few weeks. The "final" draft of the first one has to be ready for proofing on the 15 May. It took most of today to get about a quarter of the way through checking the data and then it has to be transferred to PageMaker for layout work.

But question 5 looks a little peculiar. Is there really a 3/34" figure?? I'm guessing that's a typo for 3 3/4" ... otherwise its very small collectible. :)

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Jedi Freezeman said:
The max number of point per team is 15 correct? (The team sends answers as a group not as individuals right)

Yes. I may post a bonus closer to the end of the contest.

And I fixed question 5. :cool: Thanks!

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Jedi Freezeman said:
The max number of point per team is 15 correct? (The team sends answers as a group not as individuals right)

Upppsss. I thought one can send the answer as individuals. :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
That's what I thought too - each individual sending their own answers to give a Group total. Evidently we're wrong. Although, thinking about it now, that would be a bit unfair if some Groups have less members than others.

I can't quite see how questions 14 and 15 can have a "correct" answer, although sending a picture of Papa Smurf instead of Kit Fisto is obviously incorrect. :)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Buzz Bumble said:
That's what I thought too - each individual sending their own answers to give a Group total.
It's not required that you work together, but it doesn't hurt. You're not getting an individual score. The group that wins will decide what to do with the prize. They could decide that the person that helped the most to win should get it or they could have another mini-contest within the group to decide. Or, you could put together some sort of rotation (person x gets in this time, person y gets it next time, person z gets it the time after that, etc).

Buzz Bumble said:
that would be a bit unfair if some Groups have less members than others.
The number of people in the group should not matter. However, it is my intention to make sure that they're always close to being balanced. At the moment, all 3 groups have the same number of people.

Buzz Bumble said:
I can't quite see how questions 14 and 15 can have a "correct" answer, although sending a picture of Papa Smurf instead of Kit Fisto is obviously incorrect. :)
The 'correct answer' is achieved by following instructions. If we get in a tie-breaker situation and one team's "artistic/creative" submissions are obviously far superior - I wouldn't have a problem using that as a tie-breaker.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
darthskelington said:
I don't know about the other groups but Corvus is all over this contest. Those losers, i mean....other teams...don't stand a chance ;)

Sticks and stones.......lol

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Borsk said:
The number of people in the group should not matter. However, it is my intention to make sure that they're always close to being balanced. At the moment, all 3 groups have the same number of people.
It would matter if people were sending individuals entries to be combined in a Group total score (as some of us first thought) - a Group with 10 members could potentially get 150 points while a Group with only 8 members could only get 120 points. BUT we were wrong. :)

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Drawing task submissions:

Attachments

• kitfisto.JPG
    kitfisto.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 302
  • kit_fisto.jpg
    kit_fisto.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 307
  • _kit_fisto_.jpg
    _kit_fisto_.jpg