Bothan Spy Birthday Battle!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
In joyous celebration of The Bothan Spy’s 5th Anniversary we will be playing some of The Bothan Spy’s favorite games! This will be no ordinary contest, but rather a BIRTHDAY BATTLE! Forum members will compete in a series of games, earning points for a chance to win prizes from the Bothan Birthday Stash.

4452edc77971b5.jpg

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
In joyous celebration of The Bothan Spy’s 5th Anniversary we will be playing some of The Bothan Spy’s favorite games! This will be no ordinary contest, but rather a BIRTHDAY BATTLE! Forum members will compete in a series of games, earning points for a chance to win prizes from the Bothan Birthday Stash.

There will be seven prizes awarded in the Bothan Birthday Battle. Players will receive points for their participation in the games. The seven players with the highest scores at the end of all five games will then get to select their prize from the prize pool. (Highest score chooses first, next highest picks second, etc.) In the event of tie scores, random draw will select order.

4452cca4c70be8.jpg
http://forums.thebothanspy.com/imagehosting/4452cca4c70be8.jpg
The prizes are:

1. Four used vintage softcover novels (Splinter of the Mind’s Eye, Empire Strikes Back, Han Solo at Stars’ End, Battlestar Galactica)
2. Target Exclusive “Demise of Grievous” action figure
3. Ten unopened vintage Topps Return of the Jedi trading card packs (as pictured)
4. Four Star Wars Air Fresheners
5. Target Exclusive “Demise of Grievous” action figure
6. Two vintage used hardcover storybooks (Star Wars and E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial)
7. Darth Vader enamel collector’s pin

Over the course of the next two weeks you will have the opportunity to play five classic Bothan games:

Double Puzzle
Scrambled Tiles
Hidden Message Word Search
Cryptogram
Fallen Phrase

Participants will receive points for playing games as follows:

One (1) point for entering the game.
Two (2) more points for having the correct answers
Five (5) additional points for being the “winner” of an individual game (randomly drawn from correct entries for each of the five games)

For example, if you entered all five games, but incorrectly answered every game, you would earn five (5) points. Players may enter as many games as they wish, and are not required to enter all five. The seven top-ranking players will be able to choose from the prize pool, with the top-scorer getting first-pick. (Tie scores will be ranked by random draw.)

May the best Bothan win!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
The winners and answers of each game have been announced in each thread.

The final points rankings are as follows (ties were randomly drawn):

1. Jedi_Freezeman (25pts)
2. Jaguar (20pts)
3. Guttersnipe (20pts)
4. IG-PPO (15pts)
5. Darkside449 (15pts)
6. Ryan-J (13pts)
7. rogueace2000 (11pts)

As there were only seven participants, all players are winners!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I need the winners to PM me with their prize preferences within one week. Please include your mailing address with your list.

First place winner will receive the first item on their list. Other winners will receive the highest numbered item on their list still available. For example, if you chose:

1. softcovers
2. pin
3. storybooks
4. ROTJ cards
5. air fresheners
6. Grievous
7. Grievous

Then you would receive the softcovers as your first choice. If they were already claimed by a higher ranking winner, then you would receive the pin. And so on and so forth.

Congratulations to all the winners!

Jaguar

New Recruit
Hey, this is my sort of game. Seven prizes, seven participants. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
For awhile there were only 5 forum members taking part! I'm glad everyone got a prize too. :D I'm going out of town for a few days so hopefully when I get back I'll have everyone's prize preference in and I can post who got what.

Thanks for playing!

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
Cool,
Congrats to Freezeman for being the ultimate winner and to everyone else.
Odds of 1:1 it doesn't get any better than that :D

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
AWESOME! Hope I get one of the General Grievous figures! He would look great in A future Diorama I plan to make!

RYAN J.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
The prizes have been claimed and here's who won what!

1. Jedi_Freezeman -Target Exclusive “Demise of Grievous” action figure

2. Jaguar -Target Exclusive “Demise of Grievous” action figure

3. Guttersnipe -Ten unopened vintage Topps Return of the Jedi trading card packs (as pictured)

4. IG-PPO -Darth Vader enamel collector’s pin

5. Darkside449 -Four used vintage softcover novels (Splinter of the Mind’s Eye, Empire Strikes Back, Han Solo at Stars’ End, Battlestar Galactica)

6. Ryan-J -Two vintage used hardcover storybooks (Star Wars and E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial)

7. rogueace2000 -Four Star Wars Air Fresheners

Prizes should be shipped within the week, thanks for playing!

Jaguar

New Recruit
I like to open up all my figured and display them on my desk, but the limited edition figures I also get a copy to hang on one of my walls.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Woo Jooo.. After three week on a business trip (with a little detour to Las Vegas), found my pin today. Cool Pin. :) Thanks again!