Blackout!

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by CoruscantCosta, Aug 15, 2003.

?

No power?

1. YEah

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. NOpe

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  1. CoruscantCosta

CoruscantCosta Ewok Cheif

Were you plagued by the worst blackout in US history?

I was!

It sucked:(

No computer, No TV. What do you do? I think I had the most social interaction ive ever had with my neighbors (about 3 minutes)

SO anybody from the midwest and northeast coast is probably still in hell right now. I hate not having power :
    (
    I got it restored fairly early, but it will take a while to get the whole part of the country back.

2. CoruscantCosta

btw, Nope means you had power

3. Carl Waterworth

Carl Waterworth New Recruit

Not me, I was a safe distance away

4. CoruscantCosta

lucky. I also voted the wrong option:rolleyes:

5. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Yep, I had power. :)

Although, that is still a surprise considering the hopelessness of New Zealand companies in general. :(

6. wookiee_cookiee

wookiee_cookiee Moderator Staff Member

I live in upstate NY and our power came back about 4am. It was hot, but otherwise not bad. I work half an hour away from home, and that city never lost power.

I even got to weed my poor neglected flower garden. It would probably still look horrible if the power was on. ;)

7. darthskellington

darthskellington Dark Lord of the Typos

Living in Texas, it was life as normal. However, being a servant of the Emperor, I decided to take advantage of the situation. I figured, with the north-eastern seaboard offline, it would be a great time to check out the New, Improved eBay -- Now with Less Competition. :D

Evil, aren't I? Unfortunately, I'm broke and there weren't any steals to be found. Oh well.

So CC....you're saying you voted for the wrong option in your own poll? Silly Koala ;)

8. CoruscantCosta

ewokoalaewokoala!!!!!!!

I heard a ton of people were stuck in elevators and subways. on a 90 degree day, with no AC.........uh oh!

My power came back at around noon. I thought i would be days without my computer (which isnt a mac) :(

IN FACT! If I had a mac as my computer, I would be glad the power was out so I didnt have to use it!

9. wookiee_cookiee

wookiee_cookiee Moderator Staff Member

Hey! Macs rule!!

Attached Files:

10. Zepp

Zepp Interstellar Buccaneer

Macs look great on your desk as long as
    • your not a professional (although some graphic designers squeeze by)
    • your not looking at the screen
    • your not using it
    :p

11. Yoda Man

Yoda Man New Recruit

Nowhere near the blackout.

12. CoruscantCosta

You were closer than you think...:rolleyes:

13. Borsk

Borsk Administrator Staff Member

I was in my underground mountain shelter at the time and was totally unaffected.

14. CoruscantCosta

Hey Borsk, is there a way to post 1000 smilies in a post? Id like to try it.

15. Borsk

Borsk Administrator Staff Member

16. darthskellington

Sure there is! Just click on the smily icon 1000 times :D

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) X 100

17. CoruscantCosta

Are you sure there isnt someway you could make an exception? I mean, its for a good reason.

18. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Nope, it don't work. :(

I just tried posting 1000 :) and although it previewed fine, when I tried to submit it I got an error message:

19. darthskellington

Maybe you put one smily too many. Try it again with 999;)

That's too bad. I was looking forward to seeing that :(

20. darthskellington

I just saved a smily to my desktop, and tried to do some math on the subject. However, not being a slicer, it didn't work out to well.

Properties said the smily was 372 bytes, but used 8192 bytes. Either way, divided into 8388608 that computes into either 22550 smilies or 1024 smilies.

Maybe my 999 joke wasn't so far off? Don't waste your time on me making a VERY uneducated guess though.