Best improved figure since vintage

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I have to agree with you on that, Chris. FX-7 completely slipped my mind, but is it clearly the most improved figure. Beyond that, many of the old figures are better than the new ones, or at least better than many of the 1990's incarnations we all own.

Two exceptions I'd say are the Stormtrooper (Current/Commtech sculpt) and the TIE Fighter Pilot. The old ones were great, but were still a little....."rigid". The new sculpts bring out all the details and the real depth of the figures.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
One thing I've noticed about the vintage figures, especially the ROTJ line, was how realistic the details were. For example, the wrinkles in clothing or other details like skin or hair texture. That was something that didn't carry over to the modern figures, at least not until much more recently.

To illustrate my point, take a ROTJ figure, say Prune Face. Pretend you can blow it up to life size, say 6 feet tall. Now do the same to the modern figure of Prune Face (Orrimarko). If you were to compare the two at 6 feet tall, the vintage figure would look much more life-like, or at least like a mannequin. The modern figure would probably look more like a 6-foot toy.

Not that it wouldn't be neat to have a 6-foot tall SW figure :D