Beer

So what is your favorite beer?

I like Molson Export. Its a medium body ale at about 5%.

When I go bar hopping downtown (Montreal) I drink Guiness.

When I'm eating a good steak I get Fin Du Monde which means "end of the world" in French. Its a 9.6% full flavoured dark carbonated beer. It goes good with food. Not particularly appealing by the dozen.

....and the drinking age is 18 here for you kiddies.;)

I really like Asahi, but can't stand Saporro. (spelling?)

You have the best blended whiskey out there called Suntori. (spelling again?)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Ewww ... stinky, disgusting stuff ... I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole and even the smell of alcohol makes me feel ill. :hurl:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Sadly, I too don't drink beer. Personally, can't stand the taste of it. Not that I'm opposed to alcohol, but many kinds, beer included, don't register as palatable to me.

But hey, you go bar hopping and enjoy your Japanese beers. I'll go to my favorite mexican restaurant and drink my maragaritas. :p

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I like Margaritas, Tequilla, Cognac, etc. But this thread is about beer...

Going off topic.....I love a good scotch and cognac, but I can't stand tequilla.

Jack Daniels doesn't work for me either. I feel its just the "cool" thing. I can slam back (and love) a bottle of Jim Beam without a shiver.

note: I don't drink heavily since I've been married....well at least not often.;)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Not into beer, A good Bundaberg Rum (aussie drop) or a glass of good scotch will do just fine , thank you.....

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
May I be the first to say that I am more than a little surprised at the lack of beer-drinkers on this board...

cplfreezer

Mind Bender
Originally posted by Darth Aussie
Not into beer, A good Bundaberg Rum (aussie drop) or a glass of good scotch will do just fine , thank you.....

MMMMMMMM :worship: Bundaberh Rum :worship:

:drunk: :drunk:

Barada

Saboteur
When I drink beer, I stick to Labatt's Blue. I found it very strange when I went out with people at Celebration II and no one had heard of it - between that and Molson Canadian, they're arguably the two biggest beers in Canada.

Barada

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
mmm CplFreezer knows the value of Bundy..i forgot he was over here and sampled it . I'll have to bring some over when we all get togther at C3 Freeze....:D

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
I don't like beer. I don't know why just can tolerate it. Three weeks ago I was in a bussiness trip and the guys were all trying to make me drink beer. Well I finally I carved and order a local beer (I don't remember the name, its start with a S). Just a few sip and still don't like it. Unluckly for me I just ate a hottest stuffed jalapeno. But still could make myself drink the beer. I had to wait for the waitress to get me a soda. That was hot!

I guess the only people on the planet who still drink beer are Canadians eh Barada?

When I was in West Virginia I saw all these big (6ft, 250 lb) hunters that drink "lite beers". Why? You sacrifice the flavour and have to drink a dozen. The funny thing is that it probably helps you kidneys by keeping them flowing.

Maybe just your average Star Wars fans don't like beer. The purchase of beer interferes with the financial requirements to purchase Star Wars products.

Maybe its backwards and because they don't like beer they have extra money to burn and chose collecting to fill that void deep inside of them.

Theres my Froidian 2 cents.:twitch: :dance:

Barada

Saboteur
lol, Chris. I have another theory.

The rest of the world is simply not used to the almighty Canadian beer! Enough of the watered down US brands ;) Try some of our brew, and you'll be hooked for life!

Barada

I might not be a jedi, but I sense a rebuttle comming.

Sam Adams doesn't make a bad beer, but I'm always stuck in some wierd part of the States that only have the main name brands. In Mn I was drinking Hamms. That wasn't too bad. I usuallt end up drinking MGD to get something with a hint of beer flavour.

I don't mind the Budweiser thats brewed in Canada.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I have a rule, avoid American beer unless it was brewed in WI. Mickeys, Leinies, Red Wolf etc. Canadian is better than American for beers. It might have something to do with temperatures. [accent=dixie]South'naz don drin s'much as themthar Yanks di...[/accent]

However, it might be that there is a huge sourcewater for brewing in Canada. But in America, to get a good tap we have to rely on the overtravelled and overused Great Lakes and Mississippi... Superior is still clean but there aren't many cities on the US side of it to take advantage... so basically in America you can choose to stay a regional brand and be good or go national and suck...

The fresh spring water and mountain glacier beers are good. I feel some of the best beers are made by the Brits and Germans. My favourite beer is Korean if thats not wierd.

The Chinese make some interesting beers. I don't think they are very good, but they have an interesting flavour.