Battlestar Galactica Season 2.5 DVDs

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
[FONT=arial, helvetica, courier, *]Universal has just officially announced the release of Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 for 9/19 (SRP $49.98). The 3-disc set will include all 10 of the remaining episodes from the season in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, along with an extended version of the Season 2.0 cliff-hanger episode Pegasus. Additional extras will include all of producer Ron Moore's podcast commentaries, deleted scenes and producer David Eick's video journals.

http://www.digitalbits.com
[/FONT]

Jedi_Joel

Agent
What a bunch of crap! This is soooo Lucas' style of wringing the fans for all their worth. :( At least sell a complete Season 2 box set, I don't like having this sillyness.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, $50 should be what we pay for a full season, IMO.

$5 an episode...

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
they're also not exactly loaded with what i would call "special" features

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hoping that 2.5 has more special features than the 2.0 dvds did. I will probably be disappointed.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Borsk said:
I'm hoping that 2.5 has more special features than the 2.0 dvds did. I will probably be disappointed.
Well, I am glad that they did remember to add the extended version of Pegasus, however I will still hold off on purchasing this until they release a "complete season" set.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
They haven't announced a complete season set. Although I'm sure you'll be able to buy them bundled at some point.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Borsk said:
They haven't announced a complete season set. Although I'm sure you'll be able to buy them bundled at some point.
Yeah, I read that in the article. I bet we'll see it appear either at the end of August, right before the third season starts, or right before Christmas.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm in a situation where I didn't start watching the show when it first aired. I watched the first season on DVD after the 2nd season had started. So, when the first half on Season 2 came out, I had a choice to get it and get caught up or wait for a potential full season set and avoid watching the live shows.

Although, in retrospect, I probably could have just found the season 2 episodes online somewhere.

In any case, I already own the first half of season 2, so I'll probably get the 2.5 set.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
It was a great season overall, but I'll be waiting for the complete box set. Hopefully it'll arrive just before season three goes on air!