Battlestar Galactica Discussion - Season 2 - Episode 20 - "Lay Down Your Burdens, p2"

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
I just watched the epsiode last night. We were out of town over the weekend and my tape ran out:banghead: Caught the Monday night rerun.

Random thoughts to follow:
I never watch Andromeda, but a friend mentioned to me once, that in order to keep costs down (due to SFX) they did an entire season on a planet. Could this be the fate of BSG?

I too found it hard to believe some of the transitions- Starbuck and the Chief going domestic. Gaeta becoming Baltar's gopher. That darn moustache ??? Baltar having his own little harem. Letting the fleet go downhill like that. I did like how it was the explosion that lead them to the planet, slight twist of fate.

I would be VERY disappointed in a dream sequence. I do see the possiblilty of a lot of flash backs. How over the past year these changes occured. I also see the possiblity that through these flashbacks, they would slowly reveal some secret plan. That in fact, they were prepared for this and the Pegasus and Galactica were just executing it. (of course it did not seem this way as Apollo was the one telling Odama to jump)

Now that I think about it- if it is a dream- It could be Apollo's. Stabuck's husband is sick. He's calling the shots with his dad. "D" is on board with him. Then again, who's dream sequence would know obout the cylon baby.

Another flash back topic is what happened to Sharon the the Priest Cylons they had captured?

If these are the Cylon Hero versions of 6 and Sharon, weren't they trying to turn things around? Why would they be on the planet? The version of 6 did appear to know Baltar.

I told you these thoughts would be random. A great series. Hope they don't mess it up. What am I going to do until October?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
If it's a dream, I think the indication would be the slight change in the lighting when Baltar lifts his head. It's more blue-ish. However, the planet seems to just be very overcast and when he woke he was on the planet rather than in space, so it's probably nothing.

If it were to be a dream, I think it would have to be Baltar's dream. If that's the case, he knows more than he should. I don't see how he could dream about Sharon's baby and her adopted mother (Apollo shouldn't be able to dream about this either).

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Borsk said:
If it's a dream, I think the indication would be the slight change in the lighting when Baltar lifts his head. It's more blue-ish. However, the planet seems to just be very overcast and when he woke he was on the planet rather than in space, so it's probably nothing.

If it were to be a dream, I think it would have to be Baltar's dream. If that's the case, he knows more than he should. I don't see how he could dream about Sharon's baby and her adopted mother (Apollo shouldn't be able to dream about this either).
That would leave it to most likely be Roslin's dream if they did decide to make it a dream sequence. I can see how Roslin's aid wakes her out of the dream to let her know she won the election. Either way they go with the whole ending, I don't really care.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
well, i re-watched this episode. i'm really seeing how the dream thing would work out and we sort have semi-official word that it's not a dream anyway. at this point, i kind of wish it was though. i liked it less the 2nd go around, but maybe that's the point. i hope they spin this around quickly next season.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
There is going be a third season, although I think it starts kinda late. I would not be surprised if next season is primarily about showing us what happened during the 1 year jump in the last episode.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Darth Aussie said:
There is a third season?....hadn't heard anything yet..
jedi joel posted this interview that you would probably find of interest.

“I haven’t gotten bored yet, so that’s a good sign. I don’t know… I’m really attached to the show, and it would be really hard to leave it at this point. And we’re still pretty young in the life of the series.”

So for how long will Ron Moore be steering Battlestar Galactica?

“Ask me that again in like two more seasons,” he laughs.