Battle of Endor Wave

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Found the new Endor wave at Walmart yesterday. A few quick comments. :)

First off, the Emperor appears to be a complete re-issue, so I did not buy it.

All figures in this wave, and others that shipped with it, have black stickers on the bottom of the bubbles covering up the UK "Pumpkin" and CE logos. Not sure why, or if this is temporary.

C-3PO is awesome. The throne is reminiscent of the vintage one, only better. Threepio has leg artivculation and his arms can come off.

Jerjerrod I am disappointed with. They took some libertes with his likeness, giving him an angry expression, so he doesn't at all look like the movie. His flesh painted neck is does not match the color of his flesh molded hands and face. He has a wide stance, allowing for good action poses, but a tadtoo actiony for standing at attention. Arms are articualted for clasping behind the back. Overall, a decent Imperial figure, but I would have preferred a more accurte Jerjerrod.

Cheif Chirpa is pretty nice. His cowl is reminiscent of the vintage one, only more rigid and fully painted. His neck is ball-socket attached. His knife can be removed from it's sheath. :)

Death Star Gunner is well done. He has socketed arms that allow unlimited positioning. Knees are socketed so he can sit. Hi schest armor is removable, allowing for movie accurate likenesses (no armor worn for the emperor's arrival). And, the best surprise....a removable helmet!!! I went to pop his head off and only got a helmet....he has a fully sculpted head underneath.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Ever since they started numbering these dang things I feel compelled to get the complete line- even the repack Emperor which I've never been too fond of. In fact I picked up 3 extra's in Skirmish battle packs from Target on clearance. Figured the $5 was worth the 2 Shock Troopers.

I thought the same about Jerjerrod's face sculpt. I also liked Chirpa but though he should have come with a bit more.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, some cool Ewok accessory would have been nice.

Chirpa's sculpt seems small, but I guess it is accurate. They scaled down Logray to a more accurate size, and Chirpa matches up pretty well, since Logray was taller than Chirpa.

actuly with the exception of wicket and the children ewoks the adult ewoks were bigger than r-2 so hes not to scale plus for 7 bucks they should put 2 ewoks in 1 package

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
Yes, that Imperial gunner is awesome! I did the same thing you did and grinned from ear to ear when I made that little discovery. I think they did A great job on the helmet too. The super dark red eye lens was a good way to compromise between the original 1983 figure with the much too bright red lens, and the later releases with the uninteresting black lenses. And you definately can't complain about the articulation. The face sculpt is great too. In fact, I think they should use it on other figures. Like maybe future clone trooper figures that have removable helmets. The hood on his head is cool.