Punisher
Xmen
Daredevil
Elecktra
Fantastic 4
Catwoman
Blade
Spawn
Captain America (I know, I know, dreadful but it does exist)
SpiderMan (thanks to the ever-watchfull Buzz for spotting the missing one!)
Supergirl

Hellboy

TV shows :-

Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Mighty Mouse (here he comes to saaave the daaayyyy - yay!)
Flash

Smallville is a superman spin off, so we'll not put it in twice ;)

Wondering about Green Lantern - thats been released as a movie on dvd lately, slightly re-cut to put Bruce Lee more in the limelight. Its even advertised as a Bruce Lee movie.....

In any case, this list is about which super heroes have had a go at being on screen, so it probably doesn't matter whether its small or large screen. Any more or are we done?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I know everybody only half-reads what I type ;) but your "definitive list" is still missing Spider-man.

There was also a Supergirl movie with Helen(?) Slater.

I could probably come up with a few more if I had time to go through some of my movie books (I might do that later). There's also some marginal characters like Flash Gordon who aren't really "superheroes" as such, but are sort-of similar in that they're always running around saving people.

TV shows of course could include animated shows like:
- Atom Ant
- Captain Caveman
- Dynomutt
- Hong Kong Phooey
- Freakazoid
- Shazam (?)
- Hawkman
- Superdog
- Superted (UK)

plus quite a few "spy" type shows which would fit in like Flash Gordon. :)

Barada

Saboteur
Anyone remember this?

00.jpg

Yes, it was a movie with live-action superheroes from 1979.

Here are some of the characters involved - and yes, Adam West and Burt Ward reprised their Batman & Robin roles, as did Frank Gorshin as the Riddler. :)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

For anyone who watched the Superfriends/Super Powers cartoons in the 70's/80's, you'll recognize a LOT of these names.

Casts:
Jeff Altman .... The Weather Wizard
Charlie Callas .... Sinestro
Gabriel Dell .... Mordru
Frank Gorshin .... The Riddler
Howard Morris .... Dr. Thaddeus Bodog Sivana
Mickey Morton .... Solomon Grundy
William Schallert .... Retired Man/Scarlet Cyclone
Burt Ward .... Robin
Adam West .... Batman
Garrett Craig .... Captain Marvel
Howard Murphy .... Green Lantern
Danuta Wesley .... The Black Canary
Bill Nuckols .... Hawkman
Rod Haase .... The Flash
Barbara Joyce .... The Huntress

Superheroes:
Batman
Robin
Captain Marvel
Green Lantern
The Black Canary
Hawkman
The Flash
The Huntress
Atom

Villains
The Weather Wizard
Sinestro
Mordru
The Riddler
Dr. Sivana
Solomon Grundy
Scarlet Cyclone
Giganta

Barada

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Yep, I remeber the "red X - missing picture of death". ;)

All those images are missing in action, but I can't remember any show fitting that desciption though ... then again I don't think we ever got the Adam West Batman movie here either. :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Nope, I've never seen that show ... but by a strange coinky-dink I did download the theme tune to it on Monday from the Wave Themes website. :)

They also started showing re-runs of the Batman series here last week, unfortunately I can't watch it since there's something else on another channel (I can't remember what at the moment).

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hellboy definitely counts. A comic of long standing, it was made into a movie last year (or maybe 1 or 2 before that - time is a fuzzy thing) with Ron Perlman in the lead role.

If you haven't seen it, you're missing a good evenings viewing!

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
Also Ninja Turtles, The Crow, Tank Girl (awful), League of Extrodinary Gentltman (mediocre), Judje Dredd (awful), Sheena (awful), Kull (awful), V for Vendetta and then there are some less "hero" oriented comic book movies like Sin City, Howard the Duck, Tales from the Crypt, Casper, and A History of Violence. Ther were also tv shows of Captain Marvel, Isis, Birds of Prey and, of course Wonder Woman.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Yup, The Crow was awesome! Other comments like Judge Dredd being awful - totally agree.

League of Extrodinary Gentlemen is one I was most disappointed with. They had the potential there to create a really fantastic movie, but the plot was just terrible. Talk about 'management by committee' - total waste of what might have been!

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
After seeing the wrestling scene in the first Spiderman movie I now wish I could see a good Lobo movie starring Randy "Macho Man" Savage!