Barada and TBS To Get National TV Coverage

Barada

Saboteur
Well, at least in Canada. Through a request made through snowtroopers.ca looking for the biggest SW fans in the Toronto area, I went for it.

Tonight, a newscaster and cameraman for the Global Television Network in Canada visited. They took some footage of my collection and my son playing with all of his SW toys (dressed in a Vader costume ;) )

We then had about a half-hour conversation that was taped for a SW segment to be broadcast on their news programs this week.

I fit in several plugs for TBS and Snowtroopers :)

Of course, they visited 2 or 3 other collectors as well, so I expect most of the footage won't be used, but if anyone wants to see me on TV, and you have access to the Canadian channels, this is your lucky week.

I have been told it could air as early as tomorrow, but at the latest Thursday. It should be broadcast on their 5:30 edition, their late-night edition, and then again the next morning on their morning show.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a way of posting this?

(Can you get the broadcast as a file:mpeg,avi,whatever?)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Alternatively, if you want to tape it and send it to me, I can convert it from the tape. Although, if you're only on there for 5 seconds, it's probably not worth it.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
That's cool, if he sends me a 5 second long tape, I can certainly get it converted quicker.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
I personally think he's making this whole thing up because he's just trying to get back at Borsk for not giving him one of those special site awards for C2/3. ;)

Barada

Saboteur
Lol,

Conspiracy theories abound!

Seriously, I will send Borsk a tape no matter how long it plays. It's going to be a mix of footage from 3 or 4 different collectors, so I expect to have no more than 30 seconds to 1 minute of air time. :( Oh well, just to have national exposure will be cool - unless the guys at work see it. I'll get razzed about it pretty bad in all liklihood. ;)

Barada

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Congratulations on scoring a TV appearance! Very exciting news! Hopefully we'll be able to see a video clip of it.

Barada

Saboteur
It is on TONIGHT!!!

Anyone living in Canada, it's on the Global Network Evening News between 5:30-6:30 pm. It'll be repeated on the late edition, and probably on their morning show sometime tomorrow.

According to one of the other guys taped yesterday, he was told to expect each person to get between 30 seconds and a minute of airtime.

I'm going to try to tape both evening shows, so I can send one to Borsk. :)

I hope it turns out well.

Barada

Barada

Saboteur
Well, that was anti-climatic. :(

It was a 2-minute segment. The first minute focused on another collector, and showed his collection somewhat extensively, and had some interview with him. Then they went to a 40 second clip of a girl in Toronto who won the CIII tatoo competition for her SW art on her arm, complete with a mini-interview.

I got 20 seconds, where they showed myself, my wife, and son in my SW room while the interviewer did a voiceover. A closeup of me asking my son who someone was, and him answering Chewie. Then they showed a couple of seconds of my son on a split screen next to a shot of Jake Lloyd, suggesting a close similarity between the two.

That was it. All of my 30-minute interview was cut out - so there was no mention of the sites at all.

However, as they faded, the story was continuing with another shot from my piece, so I think there is more to it. Possibly the morning show tomorrow, being a longer show, will show the entire clip and there will be more of me.

I'm a bit disappointed, but oh well.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
That's the way these things usually turn out. Maybe they'll show more tomorrow. Be sure to record it. :rock: