Back online :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I bet nobody missed me ;) Well, I've been out a few days due to nasty storms here in Texas. Power went out Tuesday night. Came back on the next morning. Then Wenesday night I get home from work and not twenty minutes later, the power goes out again. And stays out until about two hours ago...that's right...8pm FRIDAY!

I'd say I missed the internet, but I didn't really notice because I was too busy missing the other things like air conditioning and running water.

However, today turned out pretty nice. Went into town to get the car worked on (AC went out in it too :banghead: ). Happily, it was a relatively inexpensive fix. Got that wrapped up just in time to go see Harry Potter. :D After that got out, I called home to see if the power was still out (it was), so I stuck around and finally saw Van Helsing. Overall, fn day.

HP is very good. It's still hard to compare to the books, but this time around they didn't seem to blatantly edit out plot elements. Has a slightly different look and feel, which I think better matches the tone of the book. Actually has a somewhat LOTR middle-earth feel to the environment. Good stuff.

Van Helsing was as expected, a big CG action film, but it was neat, and it did have some somewhat original ideas. I found it more fun than painful.

Barada

Saboteur
That's too bad, skel.

We were hit hard by storms on Tuesday as well. While all I got was a hard rain that lasted a whole 5 minutes, my parents less than a half hour away were hit dead on. Hail the size of grapes, and a total of almost 100 cm of rain - that's equivalent to 3 feet people! :eek: Winds that knocked over trees. They lost most power too. All that in less than two hours. That's not from them either - it was in the news.

I'd hate to have just seen The Day After Tomorrow when that hit. ;)

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah. Nasty stuff. There was lightning and rain here and some marble size hail at my house, but all the damage was done by heavy winds. Lots of trees/limbs down. Other wise sunny days. The storms always struck at midnight (or 7:30 in the case of Tuesday). :p

Got stuck at work a couple hours one night waiting for the squall line ot pass. Happily, that meant overtime :)