Attack of the Scrambled Tiles!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
061703.tiles.news.jpg

Win an action fleet snowspeeder and AT-AT, play Scrambled Tiles today!!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
061703.tiles.news.jpg

Unscramble the letter tiles to form a Star Wars Classic Trilogy quote. Send the quote in an e-mail to wookiee_cookiee@thebothanspy.com. Be sure to include your forum name when you enter. Submissions must be received by Friday June 27 at 11:59 p.m. Only registered members of the Bothan Spy forums are eligible to enter, only 1 submission per person.

The winner will be chosen at random from the correct entries. One winner will receive an action fleet snowspeeder & AT-AT courtesy of Federation Toys.

061703.actionfleet.jpg

The winner will be announced on Saturday June 28. Good luck!!

061703.tiles.jpg

Rancisis

Jedi Trainer
Passing this game by, nothing personnal.
Really like these forms of contests, but I'm not ino action fleet...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
No, I've not familiar with Discworld. The Skellington part of my name is a reference to none other than Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King in Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. My signature is also a quote from the movie.

Who is the Discworld character you thought I was referencing? For that matter, what is/who wrote Discworld? Does it have anything to do with Ringworld? I don't know anything about that either, except that it is a series of novels written by someone. ;) Unfortunately, my non-Star Wars/Trek sci-fi knowledge is pretty limited.

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
Discworld is a series of books written by Terry Pratchett (I believe there approx 29 of them at the moment).
They are a kind of fantasy humor set in a place called Discworld , which is a disc that rotates on the back of 4 elephants that is carried through space on a giant turtle.
The books revolve around many different characters and don't really follow on as such, just approx 29 stories set in the same world with many cameos of people from other books.
Very funny and highly recommended.
Death as the name implies is literally Death, The Grim Reaper who rides a great white horse called Binky.
A great character and the Skellington reference is from the book 'Mort' if I remember correctly, which is what a little girl calls him.

As for the Monkey thing, it is just a joke from work where we all call each other names that included the word-Slack
i.e Slack Monkey. Slack meaning lazy, and monkey meaning lower than a homo sapien.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
OK, cool :) I own a copy of Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, which unfortunately is still on the un-read pile.

I'm an amateur Neil Gaiman fan. I say amateur because I like his work, but havent had the time or opportunity to read much of it. I've only read Neverwhere and some of the Sandman comics and books. I even got to meet him at Aggie Con 2002. I own but haven't read American Gods and Good Omens.

I recognize the name Terry Pratchett now. Every time I see his books I think they would be neat to read, if only I had more money and could slow down time (or speed up my reading ability ;)

Thanks for the info.

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
I'm a big Gaiman fan too.
I've got all the Sandman TPB including all the spin offs (Death; The high cost of living, Dream Hunters and the small Destruction story from the 9-11 comic tribute book).
I only need Death;The time of your life to complete the whole lot.
There is also a surreal type of Sandman story (not in comic form) in the Dust Covers book, that really isn't that great but if you are a completeist you will want it.
I suggest reading them in chronological order to get the best out of the whole story. They really are the best comics I have ever read.
His other books are good too: Stardust and American Gods (reading at the moment for the second time).
You really should read Good Omens because that is very good too.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thanks. You probably already know this, but I found out not too long ago: Neil Gaiman is writing a new TPB (maybe it's hardcover) about the Endless, one story for each member of the Endless. It'll cost $20-25. There was also a Manga Death story that came out this past year, which I don't think Gaiman had anything to do with, but is supposed to be neat nonetheless.

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
No I didn't know that. Cool. Thanks for the tip off.
Maybe we will get to see the first incarnation of Despair and how Delight turned to Delirium.