Attack Of The Clones: Your Thoughts Are Wanted

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Well guys,
now that we have seen all the pictures shown throughout the Internet by more than one site, now that we have all seen what the new product will look like and what to expect for the majority of this year...

-How do you like the new package and design?
-How many of the new figures will you be buying?
-What do you think of the new line and its figures?

While you elaborate on the answers to these questions, I like to share my thoughts with you on what will soon be taking large spaces over in the figures isles at our local retailers.

..............THE LOOK OF THE CARDS AND PRODUCT IN GENERAL

I absolutely love the new packaging which is very appealing to the eye. I most certainly love the fact the new design for the cards is a throwback to the vintage days. Also in terms of marketing, a blue color scheme is more soothing, and majestically looking, which in fact will attract more people to it.

..............COLLECTING THE FIGURES: AMOUNT

As far as collecting goes, I will definitely collect every 3.75 inch figure they come out with, I love them all. Of course the Deluxe figures, Beasts packs and Vehicles, along with the return of one of my favorite sub lines: Action Fleet.

The upcoming huge Republic Gunship, the Geonosis Warriors, the Nexu beast and the new Arena playset rank among my favorites, just to mention a few.
I will not be collecting any of the 12" line since in fact they do take a lot of room and although the face sculpt on them now is incredible as well as the articulation on some of them, sharing the new G. I Joe body, there is still quite an improvement to be made as far as outfit fitting and authenticity on them go. A good example on how they could improve with the 12" line would be as simple as holding in your hand a 12" Marmit Boba Fett and comparing it to the KB electronic one offered a while back. The differences are remarkable. If the 12" line gets to be as good as the Marmit line is, then I will definitely pick them up.

.....................THOUGHTS ON THE NEW LINE

I will have to admit that the upcoming figures are excellent as far as sculpt, detail and accessories are concerned. There are in fact several figures presenting extreme action-poses and honestly I would had preferred them to be in more neutral stances and with more articulation. Several Jedi, as of right now, appear they will only be offered in these super dynamic poses but still that is where customizing comes in and despite the fact they will look a bit out of whack when compared to the previous figures, I'm going to enjoy Hasbro's offerings and collect as much as my pocket will allow. Why? I love the line, I love Star Wars and I simply love the figures.

It seems the complaining on how figures will be given to us, has gotten out of proportion as I have heard the comments by many collectors who in many cases have even said they would not buy figures from the new unified line at all. My take on this subject and advice to those being so critical about the new product: STOP COLLECTING!!

If what the hobby is bringing to these people is just frustrations and an unhappiness, why don't these guys go ahead and collect a different line of figures, one that perhaps will be more up to their like? are they collecting poses or are they collecting characters from a movie which are presented in different ways?

These are the people who 7 years ago started to complain from the very beginning when Hasbro first gave us the chunky Red Line figures and haven't stopped complaining ever since. These same people would had had a heart attack five or six years ago if Hasbro would had offered us the figure style we will have this year. They would had flipped over the fact of how wonderful the figures were. Now that they will have them like so, they still complain, so ... WHAT GIVES? I believe complaining and collecting goes along hand in hand with these individuals. My question to them is, how come you guys can find any fun out of collecting if all it does to you is bring out negative feelings toward the line? ... are you guys having fun collecting? it appears to me you don't

Hasbro has been improving over the years, giving us more of what we want and actually redirecting the line to please us, collectors. Their product has come a long way since those early waves back in 95. It is a fact, even with Toy Fair showing their product, we have only seen half of what the future will bring, and as far as I can tell there will be extreme pose figures but also neutral pose ones. Hasbro is only trying to please every one, why not look at the new product this way? Do any of the "complainers" out there know what Hasbro has in store for us? Who would had thought of them making an Ephant Mon 6 years ago?

Again those out there being so demanding of Hasbro, being so down and frustrated, lay back, relax, have a cup of tea and collect something else or simply wait until you have the new product "in hand." I'm sure many of them will have a change of thought and those being so critical now will be the first ones buying every new figure as soon as they hit retail.
GIVE YOUR FRUSTRATIONS SOME THINKING!

Well, my time is up.. yours is next. Your thoughts are wanted!

Ishi Tib

han solo

Friend of a Wookie
Hmmmm good thread Ishi!!

Packaging-----------------------------

I really don't like the packages for AOTC. I liked it when the figures were on the side of the card. But This is a new movie and new figures.:(

Buying these waves-----------------

I can't see myself getting to hyped about AOTC,But I might change my mind!
As the line goes I really don't like the new force features I am not liking the sculpts of Anikin,Obi and Padme. I mght buy some jedis and odd charcters but until I see the movie I will be very criticle of it!!;)
The Classic line really makes me happy as a star wars fan.
I don't usually buy 12" but I really like Zuckuss and vader so I might make an exception. Han and Chewie amazing!! I like that big H is making more background charcters!!!!
The unleashed Vader is amazing too, I am also looking forward to the Bespin Vader and luke.
All in all I am pretty excited about this year.:dance:

New line and figures-------------------------------

Pretty much the same feelings as above.:)