AT-TE legs

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
For those who haven't heard, Hasbro has been having issues with some of the earlier AT-TE's they released. The legs are designed to pop off to prevent breakage. However, the plastic used on the "teeth" that hold the legs on had a little too much give to it, thus the legs would pop off too often, or too easily. If you contact Hasbro via their Customer Service form, they will respond and ask you for a date code, found on the bottom of your AT-TE. If before a certain date, they will mail you replacement legs.

I received my AT-TE legs in the mail yesterday. They arrived in a bubble-padded manilla envelope.

I received all 6 legs.....no feet....you reuse the ones you have...which
might have already been attached when you first opened the item.

Anyway, the new legs have clear plastic "pegs" that are noticeable more
rigid than the gray plastic ones that were causing the issues. Pretty
easy to replace. Word of caution though....the legs are all marked as to
where they go....FR, FL, RR, RL.....I'd forgotten that the front and rear
legs are not identical and had to pop one of my new rear legs off the
front. :p Not too hard, but not as easy as getting the old legs off.

Anyway, my old legs will now make good wreckage material in a diorama
one day.

Warren

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
The legs do make a big difference. I've had my AT-TE sitting on a bed, which has some give to it. So, when I'd pick the thing up, it would always end up putting some springy pressure on the last middle leg to be lifted up. As a result, I almost always popped a leg off when I moved the AT-TE. Just playing around with it now....no poppy legs. :) Just by comparing the plastic "teeth" when I was replacing the legs, there is noticeably more rigidity in the new clear plastic teeth. They should still pop off under heavy pressure (a safety mechanism to avoid the legs breaking) but are much more sturdy and will allow more "action poses" with all six legs.

I would recommend requesting a new pair regardless.....they're free after all. Hasbro asked me" Is the date code on your product prior to 81931 or after 81931? As a side note, for optimal performance, make sure your vehicle is on all six legs. Roll the vehicle only on a flat, hard surface and check each leg assembly: After attaching each leg, rotate the leg to ensure it is fully attached."

My date code was 81251.

I would just use my code or something close to it.

Warren