Anyone else wanting to see Van Helsing?

Barada

Saboteur
When I first read about this, I thought it sounded very lame. However, after seeing the trailers, it looks pretty good. I'm not oversly sure on the main plot, but I'm definitely interested in seeing this. Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Barada

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Is "Star Wars" in that title??
No. Then I'm not paying good money to see it. :p

I doubt I could even be bothered to watch it on TV when it eventually arrives either. The "plot" (as far as I understand it) is that Wolverine runs around killing off vampires and Dr Jekyll / Mr Hyde turns up at the start of the Van Helsing Gameboy Advance game, which is pretty hopeless. The Shrek 2 game is much better. :)

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Looks really big on cinemetography and really skimpy on storyline. A well shot hollywood bluckbuster. Great casting though, and if your into vamps it's a must see. Otherwise if you want a pic with substance, then no; If you want something that is a beautiful work of visual art and master fx, then yes.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Really excited about seeing it - NO
Will see it for lack of any other movie being out - PROBABLY

The Day after Tomorrow and Troy look like they might be better.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I think it looks like a fun movie. A serious 4-star movie....no. The teaser trailer was really disappointing, but the full trailer seems to do it some justice. It ought be a fun watch, with neat stuff. Their Dracula action figure is horrid though. They gave him a rubber head that has "biting" action. It's been a long time since I've seena figure that looked that bad.

Sadly, though, I shall not be seeing it tomorrow. I'm having a wisdom toth extracted instead :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
darthskelington said:
Sadly, though, I shall not be seeing it tomorrow. I'm having a wisdom toth extracted instead :(

That's sounds like it'd be much more fun than the movie. ;)

I'm obviously not that wise - I've never had to have any wisdom teeth taken out. I did have some teeth taken out when I was little though. All I remember is getting a small Lego set from my parents as a present afterwards. It's been probably over a decade since I've bothered visiting a dentist (aka 'The Murder House').

Good luck. :)

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I'm going to the dentist tomorrow myself... I have to stay at the in-laws overnight because the dentist is near their place... I thought double jeopardy was unconstitutional...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well..the good news: I went to the dentist, they knocked me out, and I woke up an ghour later ready to go home. The pain pills seem to help and the bleeding has stopped.

The bad: I have three prescriptions. One requires an empty stomach. One requires a meal. And one is best with no food, but is okay with food if it makes me less queasy. They have to be taken about 4 times a day. The result is.....an upset stomach and random projectile vomiting......... :hurl:

Sorry about that mental image. Knowing that I've either gained everyone's sympathy or disgust gives me strength. :D

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Mine was a chipped tooth that I left alone too long so it became a cavity too... He did a filling and will fit the cap next week. For now I have to live with a big gap between my teeth and a type of rubber covering they put over the filling... I only got the needle prick local anesthetic... I'm jealous, what are your meds? I actually was given Pontal (mefenamic acid) but probly won't use it.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I got a nice medley. The pain killer is called Hydrocodone, or something like that, and is a Codene and Tylenol cocktail. The codene blocks the opioid receptors in my brain/spinal cord, so the aceomnimphen goes straight to work. Unfortunately, I think it's the codene that upset my stomach. I actually didn't need the pain pills today though. I'm also in straight penicillin pills as an antibiotic and some sort of steroid as an anti-inflamatory.

Durge

Under the Armor
I wanted to see it but the more I see the trailers, the more I think the cg looks like crap except for Kate Beckinsale and those vampire wenches ;)

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Mine is kinda like Aspirin, a non-steroidal anti-inflamitory pain killer... Be careful with that hydrocrodone, that stuff can be mildly addictive...

I heard bad stuff about the CG too. I miss real special effects...

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Evidently there's a spin-off Van Helsing TV show in the planning. This is from Coming Soon ...

Van Helsing TV Spin-Off Not Coming to NBC
Variety reports that Transylvania, the spin-off of Hugh Jackman-starrer Van Helsing, won't be coming to NBC. Nine months ago, the network pacted with Universal Network Television for the drama to be executive produced by the film's writer/director Stephen Sommers. Hopes were high that a pilot would be in this month's upfront lineup and that the series could benefit from a summer's worth of movie promos.

NBC has quietly cooled on Transylvania, however, just a few months after the project was announced, says the trade. Even before the merger with Universal, or a single dollar was tallied at the box office for Van Helsing, executives decided the show was simply too expensive.

The script has technically remained "in development" and there was an outside chance that NBC would have raised the dead if the movie had opened to big box office numbers. The network says that the box office has "no bearing whatsoever on our plans to move forward or not." While it won't likely be seen on NBC, other networks are still said to be interested in the show.

Nightwing

New Recruit
Barada said:
When I first read about this, I thought it sounded very lame. However, after seeing the trailers, it looks pretty good.
Barada
you were right the first time. this film was PAINFUL.. They really overdid it with the CGI

The only good thing, was kate beckinsale in corsets :)

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Nightwing said:
you were right the first time. this film was PAINFUL.. They really overdid it with the CGI

The only good thing, was kate beckinsale in corsets :)
Ofter the promo pics for this movie, along with Gangs of NY, Pirates of the Carribean and Cold Mountain I have really come to understand why men liked women in corsets so much, although I am tired of old corset jokes...

I was so looking forward to seeing it and then after I did......I was depressed. The storyline sucked and the graphics were "iffy". It did have alot of original ideas so it wasn't a total loss.