Any Votes For Movie Of The Year?

Barada

Saboteur
I know technically there's still two weekends of new releases to come before 2005, but what movie has stuck out in your mind as the best of '04?

For me, it is simple. Without a doubt, my support 100% goes to the following:

dawn_of_the_dead_poster.jpg

How about everyone else?

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Dawn of the Dead definately.

A few others that were good:

The Bourne Supremacy
Kill Bill, vol 2 (not as good as vol. 1, but still good)
Shrek 2
Jersey Girl (I'll probably get crap for listing this, but I'm a Kevin Smith fan...oh well)

I didn't see many movies this year.

I caught part of "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" (2004) on tv the other day and that looked interesting. Not really "best of the year" worthy, but it was fresh in my mind.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Not many good films, but what stood out was Van Helsing, Shrek 2, and I know there was something else I really liked, but I can't remember what it was.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
AmShak said:
dude.... just the snatching of the eyeball puts vol 2 ahead of 1
That's interesting that you would say vol 2 is better. I thought you'd be a big Gogo fan...

Nightwing

New Recruit
Borsk said:
Dawn of the Dead definately.

I caught part of "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" (2004) on tv the other day and that looked interesting. Not really "best of the year" worthy, but it was fresh in my mind.
you should definitely see all of that, if just for Rush's protrayal of Sellers.

I forgot Finding Neverland Oscar for Depp!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Spiderman 2, Garden State, Shaun of the Dead, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. :) Eternal Sunshine was good too.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Just a few more for my list. Saw Finding Neverland this weekend and loved it!!! I also completely forgot about Harry Potter and thought Mean Girls, 13 Going on 30, and 50 First Dates were also hilarious.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
13 Going on 30 was great, so was Mean Girls. I think Elf was my fave holiday movie, it came out last year but I didn't see it until this year on DVD. It had the most quotable lines, anyway. :D I love smiling, its my favorite!

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
Well, since I had the holidays to catch up on my film watching. Hooray! Now I can safely agree with quite a few of you guys.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
American Splendor
Finding Neverland
Spiderman 2

I still haven't seen Garden State. Every time I go to rent they're all gone! I think it's a cruel, cruel joke. And you guys are saying it was good, so I guess I'm going to have to go back and try again.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Totally agree with most of the films mentioned, especially The Incredibles, Shrek 2 and Van Helsing.

A few more for the list (forgive me if some were 2003, memory is a strange thing sometimes) :-

I Robot
Chronicles of Riddick
Blade Trinity
National Treasure

Hard to say what the best one was, all these entertained me.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Man, have I forgotten some good films this year. I, Robot, great film and very easily true. That made it that much creepier. And National treasure, I loved it so much because it reminded me alot of Pirates. When Disney does 'older' films, they have great results