Another site goes down

Barada

Saboteur
A sad note to all Canadian Star Wars fans. As of this Friday, March 8, Smuggler's Run, at www.thecollectorconnector.com, will cease operations and shut down. Between that and Power of the North Side, they were probably the two sites that regularly updated with collecting news regarding Canadian stores. The following is the statement on the main page from admin Bill Roth:

March 2, 2002

To all my fellow collectors and loyal visitors to Smuggler's Run over the last two years, I wanted to say thank you. Updating Smuggler's Run and communicating with all of you has been a great pleasure from the start. As I am sure you have noticed, the updates have been few and far between recently. Between a busy work schedule and many other factors, my time has become a scarce commodity. As a result, I have decided to take Smuggler's Run off-line on Friday, March 8, 2002.

If there is anyone out there who would be interested in taking over the site, I would be open to hearing from you. Please contact me at billroth@rogers.com with inquiries.

Again, thank you to everyone who has visited and been involved over the last two years. It has been a pleasure providing a place for you to meet and connect with your fellow collectors. May the Force be with You all!

Best Personal Regards,

Bill Roth

I publically and on behalf of the many visitors to the site that also frequent thebothanspy.com, wish Bill the best of luck in his future endeavors, and thank him for two years of an enjoyable site.

Barada

Redleader

New Recruit
It's always sad to hear when a SW collecting site goes down. I visted there soem and have made a few trades through POTN. Hopefully it'll stay open.