Another group chat ?...

Tyrannus

New Recruit
Guys, every time I come in here there's no-one around, we should have a regular chat sesh. Posting's cool but you can't beat the real thing - and I'm in the UK which means I'd probably have to be up at 4 in the morning to speak to y'all ...

let me know if you agree ...

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure that we can work something out. Lately I have been to busy to even visit the chat room but i will make an effort to be there for anything that we schedule.
Barada, your the man with the plan... you wanna set something up?
:wavey:

Barada

Saboteur
Group Chat III

Alright, I've been thinking of our UK contingent for a little while now actually. I also want to try to make the group chat a monthly thing. I think our usual time of 9pm excludes certain members, so I'm going to try something new.

We have already had a group chat in February, so I'm going to make this the first weekend of March. How about a Saturday or Sunday afternoon matinee? I think around 2 pm EST would be great, as this would be about 7 pm in the UK. This would be at a quiet time for most people in North America, (except for those in the midwest eating lunch), and it would be after dinner for the Brits. It should also be good for our Aussie friends, who are about 15 hours ahead of me, meaning it would be late afternoon for them.

I'll leave this up to popular vote. What would work better the way I have described it - Saturday or Sunday? Whichever seems to be the most popular is the one I will schedule it for. Let's hear what everyone has to say.

Barada

Tyrannus

New Recruit
Nice idea Barada, especially having them on a monthly basis since different users come in at different times - would Sunday be better since it's (in GB anyway) a quieter day ?... I'll go with the concensus - I'm looking forward to speaking to some of you guys at last.

Redleader

New Recruit
I just tried clicking into the chat and this is what I got....

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /chat on this server.

Is the room down or is it that I was kicked out?

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Did the same thing to me. just checked it and same wording as what you saw Redleader. maybe problems at that end. i'll contact Borsk and see whats up

:aussie:

ramthx

New Recruit
yep great idea i,m in the UK as well Sunday sounds good to me.
or if not maybe all us UK fans set a time up so its not so early in the morning and more reasonable time so say one for UK time and 1 for US time so that will be 2 chats sessions a month let me know what u think?

"dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is"

YODA

Barada

Saboteur
So far, the response seems to favor a Sunday session. Ramthx, at this time, I'm not sure if there would be enough interest to make the group chat a twice a month thing, although I'm more than open to the idea.

How about this, then? I'll make Group Chat III for Sunday, March 3 at 2 pm EST. I'll leave it up to everyone to figure out what time it will be in your time zone. If we get lots of people from here in North America, then I'll see if we can make the group chat a regular weekend afternoon thing. If not, then I'll organize a twice a month thing - once for the Brits, and one for those in North America. Thommo, I think you're the only member in Australia, so I hope this doesn't exclude you.

If anyone sees any problems with this setup, let me know here.

If not, we'll see everyone in the chat room on March 3!

Barada

Redleader

New Recruit
Usually I would be able to make it, but I have drill this weekend so I can't be there. I'll have to catch the next one, or maybe I'll stop by and talk to the Brits if they have a seperate time!

Barada

Saboteur
Well, Group Chat III is over. The actual turnout was very disappointing considering the request to change from the evening chat we've had so far, although it was nice to meet hansolo there.

I think April's chat will be back to an evening time. I'll post more info as we get closer to it. Stay tuned for Group Chat IV!!!

Barada

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
have to apologise for not being there at Group chat III (alarm didn't go off) but just logged on now and just met Redleader , Hansolo and Richkulach . great to chat with you guys. hope to do it again

:aussie:

Redleader

New Recruit
Yeah we had group chat 3 1/2! It was good to finally meet Darth Aussie and Han Solo. It was also good to see Richkulach and Nightwing. See ya next time!

ramthx

New Recruit
opps missed the chat sorry guys and gals had a bad last week in feb and it slipped my mind all together let me know when the next one is and i,ll make sure i,m there...