Another Fan-made Ep III storyline

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Here's another FAN CREATED storyline for Episode III "borrowed" from the Usenet newsgroup rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc, for what it's worth ... :)

So, I took everything I know and everything I think I know and put it all into a synopsis for an Episode III I'd be pretty happy with. There is some stuff in there not everyone will like, for instance midichlorians and Jar Jar and such, but it's in the movies, I'm not just gonna ignore them like Lucas is probably going to do. He introduced them, I'm going to put them to use. Enjoy.

BTW, this was done in a few hours so it's not like I took a hell of a long time to do all this.

STAR WARS EPISODE III: THE FALL OF THE JEDI
(by Kevin Skinner)

We see the typical Star Wars opening, with the crawl talking about what's happened since the last movie, which was three years ago in Episode III. It says that the Republic has recently gotten a little out of control, a little power hungry, and the Clone Army has grown exponentially and is now more or less controlling the galaxy. Chancellor Palpatine has managed to use his skills to convince the Senate that his prior power level that was supposed to be temporary will be completed soon, with the Separatists coming to an end. The Jedi Council has begun to doubt the Republic and what it stands for but still fights for it. Padme is now pregnant and on Naboo with her family, about to give birth. The last leg of the Clone Wars is about to take place against the fledgling Separatists, who are led by a mysterious leader whose identity no one seems to know.

The film opens with a full scale battle against a large number of Separatists and droids on the land and in space. The space attack is led by Anakin Skywalker, and ground battle led by Obiwan Kenobi, now a General. The battles are fierce and intense, many people die on both sides, but eventually the Republic wins the battles.

The war begins to die down, with just a few factions of the Separatists still attacking, making desperate runs against the Republic. Anakin and Obiwan head back to Coruscant to return to semi normal lives, away from the war. The only people who know Anakin is married to Padme are Obiwan and Jar Jar. Jar Jar informs Anakin that Padme has left for Naboo to give birth to her children with her family to help, although no one knows she's having twins yet. Anakin decides to go to Naboo to be with her, but Obiwan won't allow it. He's let Anakin do enough without telling anyone and decides that enough is enough, Anakin's either a Jedi or he isn't. They get in a verbal argument and Anakin leaves without anything being fully resolved. Obiwan decides to investigate who this mysterious leader of the Separatists is, so he begins to do some detective work.

We then see Dooku and Darth Sidious in their hide out. They are discussing the latest goings on in the war. Sidious mentions Skywalker. Dooku questions Sidious's interest in Skywalker. Sidious seems to have a bit of an ulterior motive and Dooku senses this. Dooku then tracks down Obiwan while he's doing his detective work and reveals to him that Palpatine is actually Darth Sidious. Obiwan refuses to believe this. He also tells him that Sidious pretended to be Jedi Master Syfo Dius, the one who began the creation of the Clone Army. He also reveals what Palpatine is planning with Anakin, to turn him fully to the Dark Side. Obiwan asks, "Why tell me this if it's true?" and Dooku tells him that there has always been only two Sith Lords. He would be obsolete with a young powerful Sith Lord joining Sidious. Obiwan still refuses to believe this and doesn't want to be such a fool for not knowing this, finding out about it before. He lets the Dark Side get the best of him and attacks Dooku. They duel. He wounds Dooku and almost kills him before he realizes what he's doing and stops himself. Dooku then uses the Force lightning against Obiwan and escapes.

Obiwan informs what Dooku told him to Yoda and Mace Windu. They realize what's been happening, they've been used, played with, they're all pawns in a greater scheme for Palpatine to take over the galaxy. The remaining Jedi and a few Senators decide to defect to the Separatists, now being called the Rebellion. Obiwan goes to Naboo to tell Anakin and Padme to come with them.

When Obiwan gets to Naboo, Palpatine is already there with Anakin and Padme and Jar Jar. She has not given birth yet, but will very soon. Obiwan confronts Palpatine about him being Darth Sidious and being in cahoots with Dooku. Palpatine denies it. Anakin gets upset that Obiwan would accuse his friend of being a Sith Lord. Obiwan tells Anakin to decide then and there, go with him or stay with Palpatine. Obiwan's explanation makes sense to Padme and decides to go with Obiwan. Anakin gets really angry about her not trusting his mentor. He once again thinks it's all Obiwan's fault, thinking because Anakin went against the Jedi Order, now Obiwan's trying to take everything away from him. He ignites his lightsaber and begins to go after Obiwan in a blind fury. Palpatine holds him back. Padme and Obiwan are stunned at what almost happened. Obiwan begins to realize Anakin is turning to the Dark Side. He begs Anakin to come with him. Anakin looks at Palpatine, who's encouraged him him to use his powers to their fullest instead of holding back and using them only when necessary like how Obiwan wants. Anakin doesn't decide. Obiwan knows that he's on a deadline, that the others are going to join the Rebellion soon and he needs to be there with them, so they leave with Jar Jar. Padme is very uspet with this and almost begins to hate Obiwan for doing this to her and Anakin, but knows she's doing the right thing, regretfully.

Obiwan and Padme meet up with the rest of the Jedi at the rendezvous point at a space station near Alderaan. The defectors encounter the Separatists, and finally meet the mysterious leader of the Rebellion, Bail Organa. He tells them that he never trusted Palpatine after the Clone Army was given the go ahead and decided to lead the Rebellion against the Republic, now quickly turning in to the Empire. Jar Jar and Padme take one ship to the hidden Rebel base on Alderaan with a few other ships. Yoda tells many of the Jedi, there are about a dozen or so left, to go back to their homeworlds for the time being, to help protect the way of the Jedi just to be safe. Obiwan, Yoda and Mace Windu go back to Coruscant to find Anakin, they need all the help they can get and think with numbers, they can defeat Palpatine. On the way to Alderaan, an Empire/Republic fighter squadron takes out many of the ships defecting. Rebellion fighter ships fight back and destroy the Empire ships. Padme's ship is badly damaged and is close to exploding. Padme is knocked unconscious during the skirmish. There is only one fully functioning escape pod. Jar Jar carries Padme to the escape pod and just as it's about to launch, she awakes to Jar Jar on the other side of the escape pod door. She cries for him to come with her but he knows there is only room for one person. The pod escapes, Jar Jar says goodbye to Padme and the ship explodes.

Back on Coruscant, Palpatine gets word of Padme's ship exploding, but knows she escaped. He decides to tell Anakin that she's dead, though. This sends him into a fury unlike anyone's ever seen before. He blames it on Obiwan. Just as this happens, the Jedi land. Anakin goes up to the docking platform and launches a full assault on the Jedi. Obiwan tells Yoda to go, he's the only hope for the Jedi if Anakin wins. "Leave you, I will not," he says, but Obiwan talks him into going. Obiwan and Mace Windu stays behind to delay Anakin. The three duel fiercely, but Anakin ends up stabbing Mace in the chest with his lightsaber and pushes him off the side of the high rise. Obiwan runs away from the fight to regroup his thoughts and abilities. Unbeknownst to the others, Dooku follows Yoda to seek revenge, since his permission to Obiwan was what led to Anakin becoming a Jedi to begin with.

Padme's escape pod is picked up by a passing Republic freighter ship, which happens to have a slave Wookie named Chewbacca as a crewmember, along with a few other Wookies. On the freighter, she regains consciousness and gives birth to the twins, Luke and Leia.

Palpatine sends Anakin off to find Obiwan and finish him off. While Anakin's away, Palpatine contacts Boba Fett, now a bounty hunter like his father, to track down and kill Padme. He doesn't want Anakin to find out she's still alive, that could interrupt the process of him turning evil. Fett finds Padme on the Republic freighter ship from monitoring transmissions from near the area her ship was destroyed.

As Yoda is traveling to Alderaan to meet up with the other defectors, Dooku's ship attacks. Yoda orders the planet to land the ship before it explodes. The only planet nearby is Dagobah. The ship lands in a swamp. Yoda and the pilot escape from the ship and make it to dry land. As the pilot begins to set up an emergency beacon, Dooku's ship lands nearby. Yoda tells the pilot to hide. Dooku confronts Yoda. This time, however, Yoda isn't strong enough to fight Dooku with the tenacity he did the last time they encountered each other. Yoda backs up and backs up as Dooku shoots off Force lighting. The pilot comes out to try to subdue Dooku, but Dooku quickly and mercilessly murders the pilot. Yoda takes this momentary distraction to his advantage and unleashes his own lightning into Dooku, sending him flying back into a dark hole near the base of a large tree.

Obiwan manages to steal a ship on Coruscant and escapes from Anakin. Obiwan heads to Alderaan to meet up with Padme but only finds Bail Organa. There has been on word from Padme at all. Obiwan is getting frustrated and worn out by the constant turns of bad luck.

Back on Dagobah, Yoda goes into the cave to find Dooku. They are both weakened and wounded. Dooku tries to attack and kill Yoda but Yoda uses the last bit of strength he has to stop Dooku with the Force, lifts him into the air with it, sends him against the wall of the cave and uses the rest of the Force lightning he has to destroy Dooku. When Dooku dies, his body disintegrates and sends a shockwave of the power of the Dark Side through out the cave. Yoda manages his way out of the cave and senses Dooku's essence, the Dark Side, in the cave. He then begins to construct a little hut to stay in somewhat close to the cave to monitor anything that might happen as a result of the Dark Side being so strong in there.

Anakin goes back to Palpatine. His journey towards the Dark Side is nearly complete. Palpatine tells him that for Anakin to be more powerful than he could possibly imagine, he must hunt down and destroy the remaining Jedi, as they may be a possible threat to the Empire and Anakin's power. Anakin uses the Force to track down each of the Jedi, starting with Ki Adi Mundi. He realizes they're all back on their home planets. He finds out where each surviving Jedi is from and takes an extremely fast ship to find them all and kill them, one by one, planet by planet. Sometimes he just unleashes a ship attack on the area the Jedi is in, or he actually goes down to the planet to dispatch the Jedi personally. Eventually, there is only Yoda and Obiwan remaining.

While Anakin is hunting down the Jedi, Obiwan remains on Alderaan, waiting for Padme and helping Organa set up their Rebellion, using his experience in politics and also war tactics. This sets up the relationship between the Rebellion and Obiwan, which is why they come for his help in A New Hope. Eventually, Obiwan learns of Padme's whereabouts, on a planet where the Republic freighter ship is mining for minerals. He goes off to find her and bring her back to Alderaan. When he lands on the mining planet, he finds Padme being held hostage by some of the Republic workers. He takes out all the workers and rescues Padme. The Skywalker infants are being held in a separate area of the mining colony. Obiwan and Padme go to get them. Just as they get to where the infants are, Boba Fett lands. Obiwan recognizes the ship immediately. Fett gets out of his ship and takes out a group of Wookies, then goes after Obiwan and Padme. Obiwan is prepared for Fett as Padme gets her children back, lightsaber ready. He doesn't need it, though, as out of nowhere, Chewbacca grabs Fett as he's nearing Obiwan and lifts him over his head and throws him back a few meters. Chewbacca growls, Obiwan understands this as a retreat order, so Obiwan, Padme and the two children go back to Obiwan's ship.

Obiwan takes Padme and the children to Alderaan. Padme begs Obiwan to find Anakin and try to bring him back. He owes it to her. He tells her to stay on Alderaan with the children and the Rebellion. He goes to his ship and uses the Force to try to find Master Yoda, but to no avail. He has no idea what to do. Suddenly, he hears a voice. "Obiwan....you must go to the Dagobah system..." It's QuiGonn Jinn's voice. Obiwan doesn't understand this but listens to the voice and tracks down the Dagobah system and heads there.

Anakin's destruction of the Jedi is intercut with everything seen above.

Obiwan arrives on Dagobah and finds Yoda. He tells Yoda of everything that has happened, where Padme is, but now he doesn't know what he should do now. He then mentions hearing QuiGonn. Yoda tells Obiwan that he heard QuiGonn cry out to Anakin when he killed the Sand People on Tatooine. The ghost of Qui Gonn Jinn then appears. Neither Yoda nor Obiwan understand what's going on. QuiGonn tells them about the living Force, that all the Jedi who have perished can come back in another form, physically or just through the mind of someone they wish to communicate with. The perished Jedi had to have a strong midichlorian count, however, to do so, and QuiGonn reveals the midichlorian's synergy with the Force has deteriorated through time. This will probably be the only time QuiGonn can communicate with anyone ever again. He tells Obiwan to confront Anakin. He tells them he was wrong about Anakin bringing balance to the Force. He thought he could bring about change, but he failed. He also tells Obiwan about succumbing to the power of the Force when the time comes. When a Jedi is ready to die, their body and soul is joined with the Force. Quigonn then disappears after saying his goodbyes. As Obiwan is about to leave to confront Anakin, Yoda tells him that if he succeeds in stopping Anakin, he must find Padme's children and separate them, as Palpatine could possibly want them in the future, since they will be so strong in the Force. Obiwan reluctantly agrees. Yoda tells Obiwan where to find Anakin. He is on a planet inundated with volcanos and lava, where Anakin is going to kill the last remaining Jedi.

Obiwan goes to the planet, unknowingly followed by Boba Fett, and uses the Force to find Anakin. As Anakin is killed the last Jedi, he sense Obiwan coming and goes to an open area for Obiwan to find him easily. Obiwan lands. They near each other. Obiwan tells Anakin there's still time for him to turn back, to turn away from the Dark Side. Anakin tells Obiwan, "I can't stop this now. It's taken me over. I'm more powerful than you'd ever let me be." Obiwan tries to reason with him. Anakin says, "You've taken everything away from me! You've taken away my family! They're dead because of you!" Obiwan tells him Padme and the children are still alive. Anakin doesn't believe him, and becomes infuriated that Obiwan would try to use Padme to win over Anakin. He attacks. They duel fiercely, tirelessly, throughout the terrain. The ground tremors. The planet is unstable. Obiwan tells Anakin to stop and focus, to use the Force and sense that Padme's still alive. Anakin tells him Palpatine told him she's dead, "It's all your fault! It's all because of you!" Obiwan tells him Palpatine has been using him, he's been using everybody, even the Jedi Council. This slows Anakin down. It's starting to make a little sense. He quickly uses the Force to sense Padme's still alive. He then must decide whether to turn to Padme and the love she can give him, or Palpatine and the power he can give him. Obiwan demands, "What is more important to you? Her love or his power?" Anakin then has a bit of a mental breakdown and releases all of his anger onto Obiwan. The duel is fast, hesistation-less, powerful, and without dialogue. Only music and sound effects are heard. They continue to battle as the ground opens up nearby. In the crack the ground leaves, lava spews up. The terrain forms a bit of a cliff. Obiwan and Anakin continue their battle up the cliff until Obiwan manages to get the upperhand in the fight and cuts off Anakin's remaining real hand. Anakin stumbles back and falls off the cliff. Obiwan quickly lunges forward and grabs Anakin by his gold, robotic hand. Obiwan begins to pull him up but Anakin doesn't cooperate. He looks at his hand, and realizes what he's become. Anakin and Obiwan look into each other's eyes, Obiwan with desperation and anguish, Anakin with regret and pain. Anakin lets go. Obiwan screams after him, and watches Anakin fall down into the pit of molten lava. Obiwan cries for a few moments, back against the ground, and finally gets himself up and heads back to his ship, then leaves the planet.

Down where Anakin fell into the lava, it wasn't a total lava pool, but rather a large opening where rocks and lava both lay. Anakin's body is nearly destroyed by the lava that encapsulates his body. He's missing his legs, part of his torso has been eaten away, and he has massive open wounds on his head. We see a pair of arms grab Anakin from the pool of rocks and lava and haul him away.

Obiwan goes back to Alderaan to get Luke. He tells Padme why he's doing it. With much pain and anguish, she agrees. But Padme tells him if she's going to agree with what he's doing, she's going with him. She wants to see where Luke goes. They decide to go to Dagobah to say goodbye to Yoda.

We then see Darth Sidious with Boba Fett in some sort of medical area on Coruscant. "He was almost dead when I found him," Boba says. Sidious commends Boba and tells him to leave. Sidious then watches over Anakin, getting reconstructed with machine parts where his real body parts once where. Sidious takes off his hood to reveal once and for all he is indeed Chancellor Palpatine. He speaks to Anakin, whose eyes slowly open, but barely. "You are here because of me. I have created you. It was I who had your mother taken by those Tusken Raiders on your home world. It was I who ordered the attack on Amidala's ship. It was I who gave you the Dark Side. Now, you are mine. I am your master now." Anakin falls into a coma.

Obiwan, Padme and Luke arrive on Dagobah. They all say their goodbyes to Yoda. Yoda holds Luke in his arms and tells him, "Watch over you I will." Padme and Luke go back to the ship. Obiwan and Yoda have a tender moment, knowing they will never see each other again. "Always believed in you, I have, Obiwan," Yoda tells him, "may the Force be with you." Obiwan says, "It will be." Yoda watches the ship lift off in pure solitude. He's completely alone.

We then see Anakin becoming more and more complete with the rebuilding of his body. Palpatine still watches over him. A doctor comes up to him and tells him, "Emperor Palpatine...the process is going faster than we thought it would. He has a lot of strength left." The Emperor simply smiles.

Obiwan and Padme land on Tatooine, near the Lars homestead. Obiwan questions her motives. She tells him, "Anakin left this planet. No one would expect to find his son here. Not even Anakin himself." They talk to Owen and try to convince him to take Luke as their adopted son. Owen and Beru reluctantly agree. Padme begs them not to tell them what happened to his father. Obiwan and Padme prepare to leave. Padme gets on the ship but Obiwan does not. "What are you doing?" she asks him. "I must remain here," he responds. Padme begs him to come with her, she needs him in her life. "This has all happened because of me. I owe it to Anakin to watch over his son." She tries to talk him out of it, but he's already made up his mind. They embrace.

We then see Palpatine standing near a body adorned in black clothing. "Attach the breathing apparatus," he tells someone off screen. We hear a few clicks, then a mechanical breathing hiss. "Rise, my friend," Palpatine tells the person in the black clothing. We then see Darth Vader, in full regalia minus the cape, stand up. "How do you feel?" Palpatine asks. "I feel....strong.....my master," Anakin replies in a deep modulated voice. "A group of Separatist Rebels have been captured near the moons of Viego. I would like you to properly motivate them into abandoning their useless cause." Anakin says, "The Rebels won't listen to reason, my master." Palpatine asks, "Then what shall happen to them?" Anakin responds, "They will die." Palpatine smiles and says, "Good. Your ship is waiting for you...Lord Vader." Two guards attach a black cape to Anakin's outfit. "Yes, my master," Anakin responds and walks away. He is no longer Anakin Skywalker. He is now Darth Vader. Palpatine begins to cackle quietly, then looks out a nearby window to see a group of Star Destroyers lifting into orbit. The Empire is complete.

Back on Tatooine, we see Obiwan watching Padme's ship lift off and shoot out into space. He takes a few steps towards a vast, empty desert and turns around to get one last look of the Lars homestead, where Beru is holding Luke in her arms, with a very worried look on her face. Obiwan then lifts his robe's hood over his head, turns around and walks off into the desert.

THE END