'Anakin' Longs for Darth Vader Garb

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
051402.vader.jpg

«
Anakin Skywalker in the new "Star Wars" movie, Hayden Christensen takes baby steps toward the dark side of the Force. But Christensen doesn't yet know if he'll get to don Darth Vader's black costume in the next film.
«
"Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones" offers glimmers of the evil that Anakin embraces as he eventually transforms into the villainous Vader from the original trilogy.
«
Read more here.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
'Anakin' Longs for Darth Vader Garb

The Associated Press
Tuesday, May 14, 2002; 6:31 AM

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. –– As Anakin Skywalker in the new "Star Wars" movie, Hayden Christensen takes baby steps toward the dark side of the Force. But Christensen doesn't yet know if he'll get to don Darth Vader's black costume in the next film.

"Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones" offers glimmers of the evil that Anakin embraces as he eventually transforms into the villainous Vader from the original trilogy.

Christensen said "Star Wars" creator George Lucas has not told how far the transformation will go in "Episode III." The actor has managed to try on Vader's helmet, just for fun, he said in an interview last week at Lucas' Skywalker Ranch.

"Last time I was here, I went up to the archives and got shown around, and there was the dark helm," said Christensen, 21. "I asked if I could put it on and get a picture, which is pretty funny, because I'm wearing this gray track suit and had this enormous helmet on which is just completely disproportionate."

Christensen has tried to pry more details about the next film out of Lucas, who begins shooting "Episode III" next summer for release in 2005.

"I nag him every now and then about whether or not I'll get to wear the Darth Vader outfit, and he gives me a little wink-wink, nudge-nudge, that maybe I will," Christensen said.

© 2002 The Associated Press