An additional feature

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
When you become a member, you're assigned a title that appears under your name (for new members, this title is "Informer"). As your post count grows, your title will change to different things.

On this board, however, you may use a "custom title" after your 10th post. Basically, you can call yourself whatever you want. I've implemented this because I think it gives users a chance to show more of their personality (a good thing) and it also eliminates the reason for posting just to get your "post count" up (another good thing).

So, you have the option of going with:

A) titles that you recieve that's based on your post count

-OR-

B) editing your title after your 10th post.

-------------------

If you have questions or comments, let me know.

Also, if anyone has a feature that they would like to see added to the forum....let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Censor

Also, some of the standard cuss words have been censored for the benefit of the general population. I've tried to catch them all, but there is always a way to get around the censor.

If anyone notices that another user is using language that isn't appropriate (in either their post, their title, or their signature), please notify me or one of the moderators and we'll take care of it ASAP.

If anyone attempts to use "bad language", the chance that you will be removed from the forum will increase exponentially. You will be warned and after your 2nd offense, you will be removed. I hope that there are no problems with this, but I think that it's important to lay out the ground rules.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
It should be in your control panel (User CP) under *Edit Profile*.

If you look about 2/3rds of the way down you should see it. Let me know if this works...I'll double check that I have it set up correctly....

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
My mistake...I had set it to only be available after 10 days on the forum. I have reduced that number and it should work for you now.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Change in a default setting

I am changing what the thread display defaults to. Threads will now be visible for 30 days after the last post made to the thread. You, as an individual user, can modify how you view the forums by editing your options in your control panel (User CP). You can set this to however many days you would like, but the *default* setting will now be 30 days.

This was a problem for people posting trade lists that hadn't gotten any posted response. To them, it looked like their thread had been deleted, when in fact it had only expired from their view because too much time had elapsed since the last post in that thread.

If you have questions or comments, LMK

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I don't have time for screenshots today - sorry.

Here's the quick and dirty:

Click on "options" in the upper right.

Click on "edit profile" (2nd from the left).

About halfway down (right after birthday), you'll see "Custom User Text". This shows you your current title and you should see a text box that allows you to type in a new title.

Type something in and hit "submit modifications" and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you still have trouble.