Am I insane ?...

Tyrannus

New Recruit
Why is it that whenever you think you've found a deal on some vintage fig's - it turns out that the photo you initially saw was nicer than the bent-legged paint scraped plastic mutants that arrive through the mail !!!...
Call me mad but I've decided to re-buy my vintage collection from scratch and only on cards - this may take a while but at least I can be assured that the things are in mint nick - I've sold virtually all of my POTF collection to do this and I'm still no-where near completing it yet but it's been worth it - plus tri-logo and ROTJ cards aren't actually that expensive, and bizarrely, it's nice to get that teenage kick out of it that I got when I bought new figures in the 70's and 80's - there's nothing like taking the bubble off a vintage card smelling that sickly sweet plastic smell of a twenty year old mint figure - call me mad but I figure I'm amongst friends here so any comments are appreciated - am I the only collector who got so dissolusioned with some of the "He-man" style crud that hasbro spewed out a while back that they went back to basics ???...
Let me know !

Chimaera

New Recruit
I only collect vintage and only loose vintage at that (although I have some vehicle boxes and a single carded figure). I think your opening vintage packaging is fine, and I remember the scent you mention. I haven't done this myself, as I've been lucky finding loose figures and when I come across a rare carded figure I have this guilt issue about leaving it for someone who collects carded vintage. Also I suppose I've been lucky with loose figures on ebay... no deformed mutants yet! And regarding the "He-man style crud", remember the first re-issue of Lando, with the tight shirt and He-man chest? That says it all.