Accessory Sets. What do you think of them?

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
What is good about them?
What is bad about them?
Which is your favorite?

I want to know what you think about Target's exclusive accessory sets. I think the endor set is the best but it has one enormous problem which is the trenchcoat. Hasbro has never made a worse mistake. It is even worse than the spelling errors on some of the sets. The way they package it is also very decieving. They make it look like a nice vest but it is really an ll fitting trenchcoat. But it is still a great set mostly based on the helmet drums. I really liked those.

The worst set is by far the hoth set. I did not like any of the accessories in that one.

Based on my opinions, these are the rankings

Endor
Arena
Death Star
Hoth

Please let me know what you think.

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Great observations on these sets CoruscantCosta; the trench coat seems as if it has been made to fit Ephan Mon rather than Han. The Hoth set, indeed, brings some lame accessories.

The Arena Conflict set and the Endor Victory set are by far the best two sets.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Haven't seen them in the flesh yet to make judgement on them but i think they are rerelease or resculpt figures from POTF2 or POTJ from what i've heard

:D :D

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Yup,
Hoth soldier= POTF2
Death Star Trooper= POTF2
Scout Trooper= repainted version (dirt) from POTJ
Red Battle Droid= very much as the one in the Deluxe set with Mace Windu from the Saga line. This one has peg holes, though

Basically what's cool about these accessory sets are actually SOME of the accessories, not all of them. The drum set packed with the Endor Victory set is a sweet offering for instance, but truly not a big deal at all with these sets. I bet within a few months, these figures will be hanging from the pegs at Target and for much less than their initial retail price..

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
In that case i'll wait until i see them possibly go on a clearance price and maybe pick them up then ...:D
Other things to look out for at the moment...:)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Yes there are Target stores here in Australia CC but not much like yours i surmise and they won't be getting the accessory packs. The major TRU's are the best importers of SW stuff here in Aussie. I have heard the local Kmarts here will be getting the accessory packs soon. We just have to pay a lot more for toys here due to the crappy exchange rate...:mad:

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
On a second note, depending on how you want to look at the Hoth soldier from the accessory pack, the figure could be considered "new". Here is the deal:

Head: POTF2 Hoth soldier
BODY: POTF2 Luke in Hoth gear

Good use of spare parts, isn't it?:)

Here is an idea:

Next accessory pack "Celebration II Acessory set" with Commander Jorg Sacul

Head: Jorge Lucas
Body: Jek Porkins

AS for some of the accessories: Flannel shirt and tennis shoes:shocked:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Don't forget to send in for the add-on to the Jorg Suckal figure accessory pack :

Rick McCallum figure!.....lol..comes with clipboard, cameras and commtech chip with sayings" hang on i'll ask George"....