A Request from Chris Muncke

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I received this message from Chris Muncke. He asked that it be posted.

Chris Muncke (Capt. Khurgee) said:
Dear Friends,

Some of you will have met Shuta Abe at CV or other conventions. I met him at CV with our mutual friends and fans Hirofumi Ohno and Ryuma Hoshina. Shuta was kind enough to act as translator so that we were all able to communicate. Shuta is an enormous fan and has been collecting for over 10 years. He is also a fisherman, living in Ishinomaki, in Miyagi Prefecture near the Miyagi portport. you look at ITN NEWS, there are some clips of just what happened to his home town. This is notheast of Sendai, just west of the epicentre. It's a blessing that Shuta and his family are all safe, but his livelyhood and his home and all of his possessions have been destroyed including over 170 autographed photos, posters and figures.

I know you all are busy people and we all have quite a lot on our plates just now but I would like to ask you for a favour. Would you please take just a few minutes to personalise and sign a Star Wars still and post it to Shuta's friend in Japan? Hirofumi lives in Kanagawa prefecture, near Yokahama, south of Tokyo. While the population there has not suffered the devastating effects as the northern provinces, there are daily power blackouts and shortages. Travel in Japan, into the northern areas, is very limited and with few buildings standing in many towns and villages, postal services are out of the question for the time being. However, If we post our items to Hiro, he will collect them and will get them to Shuta as soon as he can. If you are aware of any collectors with duplicate posters or figures, etc. perhaps
they might like to send them off as well.

I know he's only one guy, in a country which has been all but overwhelmed by this disaster, and that there are thousands who will have lost far more than a few pictures and toys. But here is one of us and just by sending a pic with a little message we can show him that he's still part of our Fan Family.and that might just make him feel a bit better. You don't need to send any money - send that to the Red Cross or Oxfam or one of the other relief organisations - just a pic with a note and a sig...

If you wish to send something here is Hirofumi Ohno's address:
Hirofumi Ohno
Tsumadanishi 3-6-21
Atsugicity Kanagawa
243-0815 JAPAN

Please post this on any suitable forums and pass it on to anyone whom you think might be able to help.

Live Forcefully,

Chris Muncke

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I hope everything works out for Shuta, the pictures on TV of the tsunami are incredible- it looks like something out of a movie, not real life.