A Cut Above: Roger Barton, Editor

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Editing the last Star Wars movie isn't a task to take lightly. Editor Roger Barton knows all too well the responsibility of sifting through hours and hours of footage to create the epic finale of the greatest space fantasy ever. His previous editing work includes such movies as Bad Boys II, Ghost Ship, Pearl Harbor, Gone in 60 Seconds, and Armageddon. It was his work as an associate editor working with Director James Cameron on Titanic that eventually led to an Oscar for Best Editing.
It's no surprise that Barton's name was picked to work on Episode III, except to maybe Barton himself.
«
"I've asked myself this question a lot, 'How did I end up here?'" Barton says. "I'm fortunate to have created some strong relationships with people such as Ted Gagliano at 20th Century Fox. Ted must have believed in me enough to add my name to a list with several other very talented editors, most of whom had much more experience than I had. I think they were looking for someone who could could walk into an environment already set up on the last two movies, someone without any preconceived notions about how this ship would run. I'd like to think that it was just a natural fit."
«
Read more at starwars.com