8ft Lego R2-D2!!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Yes, it's larger than life-size - it's 8 feet tall. This is from Technabob.com ...

Giant R2-D2 could crush C-3PO
If you've ever visited the LEGO Store in downtown Chicago, you might have come across a life-size R2-D2 made from thousands of snap-together plastic blocks. While I thought that was impressive, this mammoth LEGO droid measures in at a whopping 8-feet tall.

Built by official LEGO Master Model Builder Dan Steinenger with the assistance of a bunch of visiting kids, the giant R2 unit was assembled as part of the recent Festival of the Masters event at the LEGO Store at Downtown Disney in Orlando, Florida.

The giant R2 even had functioning red and blue LED details, and was backed up by sampled sound effects from the popular motion picture series.

Looks like R2-D2 can finally see eye-to-eye with Chewbacca and tell him who's really boss.

Click to view a YouTube video clip.

r2_lego.jpg

Where's the Death Star II done at this scale?!? ;)

There is also one of the life-size Lego R2s at a semi-local toy store here in New Zealand. I saw it just before Christmas. :)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Happened across a lifesize Lego Jango in Oslo a few years back - very cool. This one rocks too, I'm just not sure I'd have any house at all left if I started collecting those!

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
But then I might get shot in the air like a lightsaber...... I suppose that'd be a novel way of setting out for work in the morning :D