:-)

Dark Jedi

Banned
Yo, I was wondrering, what is everybody's favourite Star Wars and not Star Wars movie? I would have to say, Star Wars Return of the Jedi and The matrix trilogy.

-Dark Jedi :saber:

Nightwing

New Recruit
Matrix trilogy sucked- why? Because it did not work as a trilogy. The Matrix was a one-off film, They shouldn't have bothered to have tried to make sequels.

The first was boring, while the second was just a plain action flick trying to combine three storylines into one film- didn't work.

The only good thing about the sequels(three actually)- Monica Bellucci

Anyway, to answer your question- ESB and ALIEN(look in everybody's profile for the answer to these question)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
well ..........

to continue the matrix bashing ......... i loved the 1st one and couldn't stand the 2nd ..... so much so that i might not see the 3rd.

The PC answer would be A New Hope, the popular answer is probably ESB which is what i think i have in my profile. ROTJ has a lot of good things going on (i'm a huge fan of Jabba's Palace). I can bring myself to pick one of the prequels over any of the OT, so i'll leave them to their own ........... at this moment I will say that ANH is #1 on my list.

As for a non-sw movie....... there are so many ....... for now, i will choose Lord of the Rings.

Carl Waterworth

New Recruit
Well my fave SW movie is ESB, my fave none SW movie has to be Lord of the Rings.
As for the Matrix, I loved the first two, but I feel that the third was a real let down

Barada

Saboteur
Star Wars? Here's my list:

1. ESB
2. ANH
3. AOTC
4. ROTJ
5. TPM

Non-Star Wars?

1. Planet of the Apes (original)
2. LOTR
3. The Thing
4. Halloween
5. Aliens

Barada

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
ESB for SW choice . For the non SW would have to say i'm not a fan of Matrix either. Looked horrible . Must say I enjoyed X-Men and X2 , LOTR...... :)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
SW - they're all good

Non SW - probably something like 'the princess bride', 'the crow' or even Shrek. Nothing like a wide range of movies on a wet weekend :D

Not that there's a trend forming here or anything, but I just saw Matrix Revolutions tonight and it ABSOLUTELY STINKS!!! Man, those guys know how to waste money!! Totally agree with Nightwing that it shoulda been a one-off movie. The first worked on its own and has been sorely diminished by the 2 sequels.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course ANH, although I absolutely love Jabba's Palace

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Originally posted by Nightwing
any one who says LOTR is cheating! FOTR, TTT, ROTK - which?

I see it as one big, very very very very very very very long, movie

so is saying Kill Bill cheating? I mean it was made as a single movies, but because of time constraints it had to be cut in two...

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Zepp

so is saying Kill Bill cheating? I mean it was made as a single movies, but because of time constraints it had to be cut in two...
no, it's just that arsehole harvey Weinstein wanting to make more money. Nothing wrong with a three hour film- you get them all the time now

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
It was ok to lump the matrix together, but not LOTR? We can lump the SW movies together too if you woul like. I think it is ok to lump the LOTR movies together since they come from one book, were film all together and were intended to be a trilogy and not really intended to stand on their own. There's no way i would sit in a movie theater for 10 hours watching it.
There are so many good movies out there that i think getting it fown to a trilogy is fine ..... you get the idea. Now, if you have a special interest in the LOTR movies and would like to know which one is each person's favorite, then perhaps a thread on the subject should be started.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Empire.

I liked The Matrix. Didn't like Reloaded, but will probably still see (and not like) Revolutions.

Two Towers is my favorite LOTR movie (so far).

I like Aliens better than Alien. Game over man, game over...

Favorite non-SW movie is Blade Runner.

Oh, and Kill Bill is pretty good.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Reloaded WAS better than "Bean"...

...so, it's got that going for it.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I liked the first one. I considered it almost a piece of art. But what ive heard about the second and third matrixes were different.

All I heard was....

17 w@5 5W337 d00d5!!!!

Dark Jedi

Banned
That's 'kay Nightwing, s'no problem man, how could you say you like science fiction and not like the matrix? dude...........

Dark Jedi-:guns: :dance:

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Matrix was very cool, but should have been left as a single movie. The sequels have diluted the whole idea. Revolutions should have come with a sick bag, it really was that disappointing!