30th Anniversary Galactic Marine Review

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Review: 30th Anniversary Wave 1 #2 Galactic Marine

By: Ryan James Littley

Rating system:

1 (lowest)
10 (Highest)

Price: these normally sell for $6.00-$7.00. But I only payed $4.09 for mine. (I used A hasbro discount coupon for $3.00 off)
Rating: 1 (Since the price is kinda steep for younger collectors)

Packaging: The packaging for this figure is Really cool. The downside is that it's very hard to open without ripping the cardboard backing all up. I was able to get it, but younger collectors who like to open their figures and still keep the box nice will find it a bit challenging. Rating: 10 (Makes a cool border for any Star Wars fans Bedroom)

Collectors Coin: The coin is a nice little bonus, plus it's made out of REAL METAL, Not plastic! It shows the character on the front & the Imperial Logo on the back. Rating: 10 (Now if only they can make these spendable!!)

Figure: A very well made figure. It has a ball-jointed head, arms, knees, feet. It also comes with a Removable Helmet! The head is simply amazing. There are no missing eyebrows, Eyes, paint drips or runs. as a side note; Galactic Marines must LOVE Hair Gel, because this guy has the shiniest hair I've every seen on a Star Wars Clone Trooper =) His accessories include: Backpack, Helemt, Shoulder pad, Blaster Rifle. He has a swivel waist. the skirt around his waist is NOT removable unless you pull him apart. He stands up on his own fairly well (Even with the backpack on) All I can say about his footwear? There HUGE! Maybe after he retired from the empire he was going to join the KISS Rock & Roll band! Rating: 10 (A must have figure for dioramas & customizing projects!!)

Hope you enjoyed my review and I trust you found it to be helpful!

RYAN-J

P.S. for any one who's Curious, I already tried to see if the AT-TE Tank Gunner head and the Galactic Marine head had the same Ball-joint peg, But they don't. the AT-TE ball-joint is a tad bit bigger than the Marines.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Nice review Ryan. :) I like this figure a lot too. In regards to openign the package...I cut ope all my figure with a flat blade. My blade of choice is a small letter-opener/knife. It's basically a pocket razor blade shaped like a knife...the blade is sturdy but thin and flat...about 2 inches long. I just stab it into the side of the bubble along teh card and just slice all the way along the perimiter until the bubble just falls off, leaving behind only the plastic lip that is glued to teh card. A paring knife would work too. In most cases you leave a nice, clean looking card and no damage to the face.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I counted today at my Target store and they have 29 of these figures overstocked... and about 4 figures total that are different than the Galactic Marine.:p

Also they have about 18 of the Moff Jerjerrod's left from the previous series.;)

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Yeah My wal*Mart has quite a few of those left too. It stinks though, They have to wait until most of the Peg Warmer figs are gone before adding new ones. Maybe I could hack in wally world's the P.A. System and say:

ATTENTION SCALPERS & CUSTOMIZERS!! WE HAVE OVERLOAD ON PEG WARMER FIGURES THAT NEED BOUGHT RIGHT NOW!

better yet.....

ATTENTION STAR WARS COLLECTORS WE HAVE FREE PEG WARMER FIGURES THAT NEED TO BE MOVED RIGHT NOW!!, SO AS THE EMPLOYEES CAN BRING IN THE LATEST WAVE!! :D :D

RYAN-J