092404.toys2.jpg
Galactic Heros
*Tusken and Jawa
*Luke and Gamorrean
*Lando and Skiff Guard

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
now i'm all for any figure i can get from either the cantina or jabba's palace but would it kill hasbro to make at least one of the Tonnika sisters? we have figures for characters that are no longer even in the movie, thanks to uncle george.

it is good to see dannik jerriko though.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Trevagg and Jerriko looks ok. Good to complete your cantina scene..Would have preferred a newer sculpt of Hammerhead as well. What about Super Posable Stormie or Biker scout? Everyone would have loved those....

Galactic heroes, well i was never going to get them when i first saw them but now well looking at these new ones, might as well get them now. Jawa looks cool....

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
AmShak said:
now i'm all for any figure i can get from either the cantina or jabba's palace but would it kill hasbro to make at least one of the Tonnika sisters?

What's the story behind why they won't allow their likenesses to be a fig?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i'm not aware of that but there has to be a way around it if it did exist.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Anyone know if they're gonna do a 'super set' of glalactic heroes, like they did with bend-ems a few years back?

Nightwing

New Recruit
I saw sly moore, padme, rabe, yarua, pablo-jill as well as the hholo emperorr today and they were not up to much at all. The best was padme, but not worth buying IMO

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Back on the Tonikka issue, I also remember hearing way back when that they wouldn't be made due to likeness rights. Not necessarily that the actresses didn't want figs made, but that their likenesses just weren't included in their contracts, as is the case for most bit-parts. I honestly don't see what the technicality is.

I also remember, recently, it being said that was the same issue with many of the human jedi seen in the background at Geonosis (ie Bultar Swan). However, I thought this might also have applied to the human Jedi Council, but they've obviously made figs of Depa and Adi. Anyway, I know one of the actresses who portrayed a Tonnika surfaced recently and has been doing various conventions, I think in Europe.

That's my inconclusive two cents :D

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
IMO, hasbro rarely makes a human figure that actually looks like the character from the movie anyway, so i just don't see the problem.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Very true. some of them look absolutely nothing like the character. You'd think maybe they'd get someone who could actually sculpt to make the templates!