2002 Toy Fair Vader

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Since I haven't read this anywhere, I would like to ask this question of my fellow collectors.

Has anyone opened their Toy Fair Vader and discuss if they like the figure out of the package?

Seems most collectors that I have met on different fourms are openers and loose collectors. I'm from the school of ...if you bought it you can do whatever you want with it. So...nada bashing please. :D

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Deathstar, to be honest with you I got two Vaders from The Club, one in excellent condition (notice I did not say "mint") and one pretty much messed up, to be politically correct. I'm still debating whether or not I should open the "messed up" one but I think it will look just as good out of the package as it does in it....What to do?..What to do? :)

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Ishi: Sounds to me like a great opportunity to do one of your famous figure reviews. Hehe :D

Have you noticed that under Vader's right foot is printed "Kenner, China" and under the left foot is "1997, LFL"

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
You guys are tempting me... I have already found myself a couple of times with an evil look on my face holding my "liberation" blade very close to the figure's blister, but then I have come back to my senses and have thrown the blade away and carefully I have placed the figure back inside its resting box. The feeling is getting stronger everytime, I can feel It!... soon it will possess me again and if it does ... I don't think I will be able to control myself this time and you will see the results here :rotfl:

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Deathstar
Have you noticed that under Vader's right foot is printed "Kenner, China" and under the left foot is "1997, LFL"
Isn't he just a Cinema scenes final Jedi duel Vader painted silver?

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Yes, he is. except for a minor little detail on his belt and that is why you see the 1997 stamped on it, so I'm just thinking that perhaps I should visit my hardware store, buy a metallic silver spray paint can and perform a little job on my extra Final Duel Vader..Who knows? I haven't made up my mind yet :shocked:

Barada

Saboteur
Good idea Ishi, except how do you plan on changing the cape color to that greyish-blue?

:)

Barada

P.S. By the way, has anyone who opened it seen the original artwork for Luke & Leia on the card behind Vader? You can't really see it while he is still carded.

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Barada, sray paint is the word and spray painting is my game. A combination of blue paint with white paint, making the white paint about 45% in the mixture, will give you a light blue tone . Add to that a little bit of shine and .... AY MAMACITA! you got yourself an authentic imitation of the resculpted cape on Toy Fair Vader...just a thought, though :)
You can also add to the mixture a raw onion so your Vader gets that ALA italiana smell :)
Now if I could only find a little pin to clean that dirty nozzle on my airbrush! :)

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Ishi: I'm an old Paasche user for a few years. Like older model #H and #HS, the newer stuff is el cheapo. Have done military armor and vehicles for a few years. Weathering is the hardest to master.
Don't let your paint thicken up.

Just wondering what is your color plan for Vaders light saber?

If you do a mix for the cape and use gloss, you may consider a spray of Dull Coat to soften the finish to a satin. The cape appeard to have more of a satin than a gloss finish.
By the way, do you use canned air or compressor?

Now you have me thinking about dusting off the old airbrushes.

Barada

Saboteur
Well, looks like Ishi and Deathstar make it look easy to imitate the different cape. You guys are the masters! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Barada