12" Qui-Gon & Amidala

Barada

Saboteur
Hey Wookie-cookie! I know you're looking to get the 12" Defense of Naboo with Amidala and Qui-Gon. I was just checking out ebay. Look under Star Wars 12" Qui-Gon Amidala Set. It was just listed with a buy it now of $30. Super cheap. I just bought a Fambaa off this guy for $35. Lots of other deals he has too. Get there quick, because it won't last long.

Everyone else, hands off this one! Wookie asked first. Let her have a crack at it.

Barada

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Thanks man, you rock!
Unfortunately, someone already bought it. :( But not to worry, there were 2 more of the same set posted there today, hopefully they will go for a cheap price. I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the heads-up though!

:scatter:

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Great news! I finally won a Defense of Naboo set on eBay :) and it only cost $28.51 including shipping. I'm so happy now.

:ufo:

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Too good to be true

Anyone have any hints on eBay auctions?
I won that 12" defense of naboo set, I sent the money order on 12/11/2001, and now I see that the seller has been suspended by eBay!!

This has never happened to me before, so I don't know what to do...
If anyone has any hints e-mail me or send me a pm, I don't know if I should just wait and see if it shows up, or if I need to do something now.

Arrgh! I am not using eBay unless the seller has over 20 positive feedbacks from now on!!

:sob: :argue: :bash: :crying: :toedc: :cry: :fume: :flame: :mad:

I don't think there are enough smileys to show how mad I am, and I was having a great day too.

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Ebay

Wookie-Cookie: I want to let you know that it has happened to me once in over a hundred transactions on Ebay. Make sure that you follow the Ebay instructions on filing a complaint against the seller. Ebay will try to put pressure on this seller. If you have the address you can write the seller and demand your money back. You may be able to find the sellers phone number through the address and give him a bad buzz, The seller that stiffed me and several others had 500+ positive transactions, so you never know. I think Ebay has some type of insurance program to cover this type of fraud and the transaction must be at least $25 or $50 each. You can find this info in the services section of thir site. My last bit of advice is, if you trade a lot on Ebay use Paypal to help secure your payments. Hope this helps a little. Deathstar

Barada

Saboteur
Hey wookie,

I've been lucky so far with ebay, but I have had a couple of close calls. In my case, I have only needed to send an email reminding the seller that since I use money orders, there is a traceable identification number right on it, and all I need to do is put a trace on where the money order was deposited. So far, this has 'encouraged' the seller to complete the deal every time.

Deathstar has really good info on dealing with ebay itself, and with using paypal.

I suggest that in any future transaction, make sure you use a traceable form of payment, and remind the bad seller of this.

Finally, always check the feedback of any seller you don't know. He may have 1500 positive feedbacks, but included in that may be a few negatives as well. You don't see how many of each type of feedback a seller has unless you click the number representing their feedback total. I sure hope this helps out.

Barada

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Just to pick up on Barada's line, If I don't use an online payment service I always use Postal Money Orders. With PMO's you can communicate to the seller that is trying to stiff you that this is a form of mail fraud and you will file a complaint with the US Postal Service. This has worked for me on a few tardy sellers.
I'm not sure what will happen when you actually do file a complaint with the PO, but it maybe worth a try. I have only filed when sellers "lost" MO's and have always recovered the funds.
I encourage you to stay on top of this, as the seller may refund your money just to get you off his back. :p

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Thanks guys, I DID use a postal money order, so hopefully that'll help. And I did look at his feedback, he only had 3 feedbacks but it was all positive, it is my fault because he was selling that set at such a low price, I took the chance and now I'm paying for it :(

I'll let you know what happens!

:angel: