12" Dewback

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I just read on 2 different websites that the 12" Dewback at TRU is now $30. The original price was $80. I sure hope there is one left for me when I go there on Friday!

Has anyone been to TRU lately that can confirm this price?

Thanks,
wookiee_cookiee!!

Redleader

New Recruit
One day a while back all the Dewbacks in my area dsiappeared. I don't think they were bought, because they were so beat up and sat there forever. They probably formed a gang and are roaming the streets right now.........:scatter:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
yes, they have been marked down nationally. I just posted on the front page, i would have posted earlier but have been out with the family doing that holiday thing.

I also noticed that many of the TRU's inventory on these went down a while back. My local store went from having 50ish down to 10ish. There were only 4 left tonight. This is a markdown that everyone has been waiting for, so i don't think they will last long.

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
I just checked TRU today here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, but no such luck... I haven't seen the Dewback set ofr almost a year, and the last time I checked the price it was $125... Then about a month later it sold for a little over $20... My friend managed to grab one for me, so I lucked out that day! But, I still would like to get a couple more of dem' big lizards!

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
I see on Amazon.com they are going for $29.99US. I would order another but you never know the condition of the boxes when mail-ordering. I've had good, bad and ugly luck on this.
I did order an entire set of Palm Talkers on Amazon today at $9.99US each. Not very many showed up in this area and what did, dissapeared quickly.
Back to the Dustbacks. Some TRU has upwards to 100 in some stores here. As of Wednesday they were not on sale. Tomorrow I will hit the bricks early and check it out. :p

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
It's a national mark-down, which means that the individual store doesn't take the loss, so all stores should be marking them down.

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Nah....

Not yet in NY. Talked to Crew Members of a couple TRU today and they have no knowledge of any SW clearance. Maybe it's regional only. :mad:

Wookie Cookie: You're from NY (someplace) have you seen anything in the Hood?

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I live in Western NY. I went to 2 TRUs today, 1 had 0 dewbacks, not even a shelf tag for them. The other had the $79.99 tag on the shelf, but it was empty.

I was disappointed, but was going to get it on amazon.com (they marked them down to $30 as well) , but now they are out of stock! Grrr! If anyone notices that they are back in stock over there, please post it. Thanks!

:saber:

Redleader

New Recruit
Through all the madness today I found some dewbacks. They were high up on a shelf and when I pulled them down they had a $80 price tag. I scanned it and it came up $30. Just because somebody that works at the store doesn't know about it doesn't mean they aren't on sale. Evidently nobody at the store I was at knew either, or they wouldn't have had them where nobody could get to them.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Redleader has the right idea. I bought two the other night and they were still marked at $80, but rang up as $30......sorry that i didn't mention this.

WC, i just checked amazon, and they show to be in stock, so check it out.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Thanks AmShak, I checked there this morning and I ordered one, I would have posted it, but I didn't get a chance until now.

Hope all the rest of you got one if you wanted it!

:vader:

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Thanks!

You guys are right. Checked out a different TRU today and asked the Crew Person to scan one for me. The scan was $29.95. Crew Person said "WOW! I thought they were $80. :smirk: There were about 40 on the top shelf, but all the boxes were in unacceptable condition. I do know where there are others that look in great condition. Dewbacks on sale the best kept secret at TRU :D