112 - Drewe Henley (Red Leader)

Discussion in 'Autograph Collecting' started by Vader Nation, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Vader Nation

Vader Nation Sith in Canada

Mr. Henley has appeared in numerous supporting roles in 1960's British films and television. He has also appeared on stage in both London and on Broadway. He is currently retired from film acting.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0377120/

1 Granary Cottages
    Combpyne
    Lyme Regis
    Dorset
    United Kingdom

or

1 Granary Cottage
    Combpyne
    Axminster
    Devon
    EX13 8SX
    United Kingdom

Attached Files:

2. Vader Nation

What a great success, Mr Henley signed all 4 that I sent him. Very happy, thank you!!

Attached Files:

3. Bounty CK

Bounty CK Spy

I also got success today,yeah:p
    [​IMG]

4. SWfan

SWfan Infiltrator

Congrats on the great successes! Which address did you use?

5. Bounty CK

Bounty CK Spy

I used:
    1 Granary Cottage
    Combpyne
    Axminster
    Devon
    EX13 8SX
    United Kingdom

6. Vader Nation

Same one as Bounty

7. darthskellington

darthskellington Dark Lord of the Typos

Received a success this week! Drewe Henley, aka Garven Dreis (Red Leader), sign both of my trading cards and inscribed my photo.

Took 37 days (5/9-6/15/09)

Drewe Henley
    1 Granary Cottage
    Combpyne
    Axminster
    Devon
    EX13 8SX
    United Kingdom

[​IMG]

Warren
    Skel

8. Bounty CK

Bounty CK Spy

Some experts told me I only got one real signed by Mr.Henley.That's on CCG card.Others signed by his wife;)

9. Vader Nation

Interesting. All four of mine look the same, so I wonder who signed them?

10. Corran(Horn

Corran(Horn Red Squadron

Your photos have all been signed by Mr. Henley himself (judging from a distance - but they look real).

The expert, who told Bounty CK that Mr Henley only signed the CCG was correct. All other cards he got back have been signed by Lyn Henley.

11. Corran(Horn

Corran(Horn Red Squadron

Success!

Very nice and fast success from Mr. Henley today. He signed all 3 CCGs I sent to him.

Took less than a week (inside europe)!

I used:

Drewe Henley
    Granary Cottage
    Combpyne
    Axminster
    Devon
    EX13 8SX
    United Kingdom

Thanks, Mr. Henley!

If you care, check out the website for Granary Cottages Mr. and Ms.Henley run: http://1granarycottage.com/

12. sandrant

sandrant Junior Spy

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Do these look like his writing or his wife's?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. darthskellington

I don't have any way of telling. Judging purely by Bounty CK's pics, if his CCG card is authentic and the others are not....the biggest difference I see is that the CCG signature has a very pointy "D" in Drewe. The rest, although made with sharpie, are more rounded. My signatures are all rounded. Your signatures, are pointy-ish...considering they are signed with sharpie. Really hard to say.

14. darthskellington

You may notice that the vertical line in the D's is very inconsistent in all the sigs we have on this page. Some have the line attached to the top of the D, the bottom of the D, or free floating in between the curve of the D.

Some of this may be the result of different pen types (thick sharpie, thin, blue pen, etc). Also may be a result of writing surface. The ESB Widevision cards are extremely glossy and hard to sign with some pens.