103 - Andrew Lawden (Stand-in for Qui-Gon)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Andrew_Lawden.jpg

Mr. Lawden was the stunt double for Qui-Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace. He bears a likeness to Liam Neeson and stood in for him in various scenes. He has signed photos of the Tatooine duel with Darth Maul, so presumably that might be one of the scenes he did. Little other information is available about him online.

You can check out Mr. Lawden’s IMDB page here: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1741713/

Mr. Lawden has signed via the following the address. He ahs signed items sent to him, and sometime enclosed a short note and small photo of his own. Responses time has been around 3-4 months.

Andrew Lawden
c/o Alverez Mgmt
86 Muswell Road
London
N10 2BE
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskellington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I have no clue....I haven't been able t find anythign out. I'll ask when I write my request. You could ask too. :) Between the two of us maybe we'll get an asnwer.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Bounty CK;74256 said:
I will ask him.Before that,I need to find the correct scene photo or card for him to sign.
I know he at least did the duel on Tatooine. Here he is with Nick Gillard and Andreas Petrides:
26286bggw8.jpg

Got items back a few days ago.Also sent me a note with his image to answer my questions & talking about his job in the Ep1.Very nice.Thanks a lot,Andrew!!!:p

AndrewLawdenCards.jpg

The other side of the note:)
AndrewLawden_Letter.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Haha! Just got a Private message from Andrew Lawden tonight! Here's what he had to say

"greetings ryan ,
requests a plenty have reached me that many of you seek me for pics info ect , in connection with my time in "star wars" . i decided to join you all here to allow you set any records straight , and to tell you my agent details are out of date by many years . my contact is via julie fox associates in the united kingdom . google her for exact address , and forward any mail requests to her direct .
i do send stuff , mostly free , with a couple of special items which have a small charge. in return , i ask only for donations to charities and projects i am involved with . Am currently going to be in Cannes as for the first time , i have a film i have worked on being screened there .
hoope this helps to get ball rolling , and contact me via
agent@juliefoxassociates.co.uk for further stuff .
right now , i am raising funds for Cannes , so all help is good .....
may the force be with us always
Andrew x"

I Google his agent and this is the current address:

Andrew Lawden
C/o Julie Fox Associates

9 Adam street London

WC2N 6AA
United Kingdom

http://www.juliefoxassociates.co.uk/index.php
RYAN-J :cool:

quigonnjediman

New Recruit
GREETINGS JEDI FOLLOWERS , I HAVE NOW USED THE WARP JUMO TO JOIN YOU AND TO PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT , ABOUT THINGS YOU HAVE DISCUSSED IN YOUR FORUM . FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME , ASK QUESTIONS , ECT , SUCH AS WHAT WAS THE ORIGINAL ROLE I WAS CAST AS ON THE "PHANTOM MENACE" , AND WHAT WE HAD IN OUR FRIDGES IN THE DRESSING ROOM AT THE STUDIO !!! IN RETURN , I ASK ONLY YOU SUPPORT ME IN MY LATEST CAUSE , MORE OF WHICH IS AT www.andrewlawden.co.uk , .
sSEE WHATN MY NEXT ADVENTURE IN THE CANNES SOLAR SYSTEM WILL BE , AND WHAT I AM DOING TO FIGHJT THE DREADED M/S !!!
CHEERS
ANDREW . X

quigonnjediman

New Recruit
ACTUALLY , I WAS A FEDERATION SOLDIER AND THE STAND IN DOUBLE FOR LIAM NEESON AS QUI GONN JIN , AND TRAINED WITH THE LIGHT SABRES !!
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Andrew_Lawden.jpg

Mr. Lawden was the stunt double for Qui-Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace. He bears a likeness to Liam Neeson and stood in for him in various scenes. He has signed photos of the Tatooine duel with Darth Maul, so presumably that might be one of the scenes he did. Little other information is available about him online.

You can check out Mr. Lawden’s IMDB page here: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1741713/

Mr. Lawden has signed via the following the address. He ahs signed items sent to him, and sometime enclosed a short note and small photo of his own. Responses time has been around 3-4 months.

Andrew Lawden
c/o Alverez Mgmt
86 Muswell Road
London
N10 2BE
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskellington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.[/quote]

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thank you Mr. Lawden for joining our boards and reaching out to your fans. :) We all appreciate it.

Well, for our first question then, can you be more specific about your role as a Federation Soldier? Were you one of the Neimodian aliens, or some other character? Did any of your scenes make it into the movie? (Autograph collectors love tracking down photos where we pinpoint the exact actor, when possible. I'm sure this will eventually lead to that kind of question). :)

Thanks again for your support of your fans.

quigonnjediman

New Recruit
no i was a federation soldier , one of the guys in the purple suits led by capt . panaka . a couple of scenes ended up there but not brillant ones . if you go to castingcallpro.co.uk , you can see some in my showreel . have you been to www.andrewlawden.co.uk yet ?? thos is latest project , which i have recently been told about , so need all the help i can get to get there and make this happen . spread the word

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Wow, talk about a blast from the past! Received an unexpected reply today from Actor/Stunt Double Andrew Lawden after 1,634 days!! Sent this one back in July 2007!

Andrew was the Stunt Double for Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace & also played a Naboo soldier.

I sent Andrew two 4x6 photos and some Star Wars movie cards, but instead he graciously sent me two very awesome 8x10 photos that were personalized and signed! There was no sign of my items that I sent, but found out why when I read the typed & signed letter he’d also enclosed.

Sadly, He had to deal with a house fire a while back and lost quite a few things including fan pics and letters. He says “but most were saved, though damaged and needed cleaning by professionals. A lot of these were stored away, and over time have now reappeared, as each box was gradually dealt with & contents checked!”

He also goes on to say “The Pics I have enclosed are exclusively only available from my website or at any conventions I attend, as I have been advised to try and give something unique; to date. I am the only character pictured with one of the rare cast and crew jackets we were given. (Only 50 made; notice there is no film title on it!)

Was sorry to hear about the fire he experienced, but very happy that he took the time to still keep the letters that weren’t damaged and reply to them when he could. Thanks Andrew!! Address I used is outdated, but have posted his up to date one below.

Envelope:

8x10 Photos:

Typed and Signed Letter:

Sent: July 24th 2007
Replied: January 12th 2012
Days Taken: 1,634

Address Used:

Andrew Lawden
C/o Julie Fox Associates
9 Adam street London
WC2N 6AA
United Kingdom