1000 figures not that far away

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Would you believe that, by the time the upcoming Clone Wars figures are released, there will be over 700 Star Wars figures?

This is counting all the loose vintage and modern 3-3/4 inch figures. I can't give an exact count, since so many are unconfirmed or still in the works. Not to mention, I count my figures a little differently than some (I count the Jabbas as figures, and I count the Treadwell Droid as a figure (after all, it has more articulation than the Spirits of the Jedi), plus all the two-packs are two figures).

Anyway, I thought that was pretty impressive and worth sharing. It's also a little depressing. As of a month before AOTC, I was 7 figures away from a complete modern figure set. Now I'm over 126 figures away :rolleyes:

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
What figure do you think they'll make for the 1000th figure anniversary celebration. Im predicting.........a Luke or a Kenobi. And instead of silver, they will be called platinum, where hasbro makes the figures look even more shiny and plasticcy than ever.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
You've got a point.......1000 is too good a number to pass up without commemorating. By that time, Episode three will have hit. I'm betting it'll be a Vader, or maybe a set of some sort. Something that reflects all six episodes, and nearly 30 years of figures.

And to think, we're specualting about something that probably hasn't even occured to hasbro yet :p

Yoda Man

New Recruit
After counting the 3& 3/4 (I ounted by packaging, so the Logray and Wicket 2-pack count as one) I calculated

Vintage= 96
POTF2= 110
SOTE= 5
EP1= 49
POTJ= 56
EP2= 114
CW= 14

Total= 444

If you add Cinema Scenes and Screen Scenes you have

POTF2= 10 Cinema Scenes(30 figures)
EP1= 3 Cinema Scenes (9 figures)
EP2= 4 Screen Scenes (12 figures)

Total= 51 figures

Add Deluxe figures(The number of figures that are in the pack) (Characters such as humans and droids, not beasts and things such as spider droids)

POTF2= 7
EP1= 3
POTJ= 5
EP2= 17
CW= 2

Total= 34

Multipacks(all figures, not things (like above))(Not including Kay Bee packs, or builder sets)

SOTE= 4
POTJ= 2
EP2= 12
CW= 8

Total= 26

Exclusives(Same)

POTF2= 11
POTJ= 2
EP2= 7

Total= 20

Droids figures

Total= 13

Ewoks figures

Total= 6

Ultra Deluxe Figures

Total= 7

Misscellaniuos

6 Max Rebo figures
7 millenium coin figures
4 complete galaxies
8 Princess Leia collection
3 gunner stations
2 figures with Millenium Falcon carriers
6 25th Anniversary
Total= 36

Grand Total= 647!!!!!!!!!!

If you do what Darth Skellington did and you added the other figures I probably forgot to count, you probably would end up with 750!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
R2 and 3PO in pewter....now that would be awesome at 3 3/4" scale.

Even better...how about the action masters line reproduced in pewter at 3 3/4" scale.

You'd never guess, but I've got a soft spot for pewter :D

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
probably, but if there's only a few made (like 6 figures or so) then I'd go for them.

The current Rawcliffe line is probably a good guideline for a price on something like this. 3 3/4" scale pewter would probably be near enough double the price of the figures they do now. This is just a wild guess, but if they were selling for around $20-$25 a figure, I'd buy one or two.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
What about a Luke battling Vader ala ROTJ done in Pewter? that would be more to the point...final redemption sort of.....

Barada

Saboteur
Yodaman, if you want a COMPLETE full list of all figures made ever, hang on for a week. The first round of Rancor Pit will be done by then, and all you have to do is add up all the matches and multiply by two (two figs per match). You'll see there are 740 figures confirmed to date, and that list was made before the confirmation of the animated style Target CW figs for next year.

Barada

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Darth Boru
The current Rawcliffe line is probably a good guideline for a price on something like this. 3 3/4" scale pewter would probably be near enough double the price of the figures they do now. This is just a wild guess, but if they were selling for around $20-$25 a figure, I'd buy one or two.

The Rawcliffe line of figures are very small.

Plus, don't you want a figure that is actually an ACTION figure?

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Admittedly the Rawcliffe stuff is quite small, but I was thinking of something extra special at 3 3/4" scale.

Its just an idea, but it might be nice to have a very unique and different figure to mark the 1000th. Perhaps a 'cinema scene' type of thing with, say a central action figure of the Emperor, flanked by 2 or more same scale pewter imperial guards (or stormtroopers).

Just something 'out of the ordinary' to mark the 1000th.