095 - Jack McKenzie (Cal Alder)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Jack_McKenzie.jpg

Mr. McKenzie has appeared in episodes of numerous British television series, and many movies. He played a soldier in A Bridge Too Far, a film notorious for containing numerous Star Wars actors. He has also appeared several cult-classic television shows, including Blake’s 7 and Space:1999. In The Empire Strikes Back, he played Cal Alder, the Deck Officer in Echo Base. He is on duty when Leia is concerned about Han & Luke's whereabouts. Cal Alder replies to his commanding officer, “Sir, All the Patrols are in. Still no--Still no contact from Skywalker or Solo.”

You can check out Mr. McKenzie’s IMDB page here: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0571536/

Mr. McKenzie gladly signs for his fans. He will personalize items sent to him, and often includes a hand-written response. He usually responds in less than a month.

Jack McKenzie
c/o Adrian King Associates
33 Marlborough Mansions
Cannon Hill
London, NW6 1JS
UK

The following address also had a success in 2006:

Jack McKenzie
Rhubarb Voice Overs
1st Floor
1A Devonshire Road
London
W4 2EU
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskellington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Matt

New Recruit
I used this address

33 Marlborough Mansions
Cannon Hill
London, NW6 1JS
UK

Mr. McKenzie signed my 4 CCG's and wrote a nice letter answering my questions.
Sent March 7th, received March 14th. 1 week.
Top man!

dahoov2

New Recruit
I got Jack McKenzie back too. Same address. He's fast and sweet. I took a poll years ago and i think it holds true. Who do Star Wars Fans love the most when it comes to kindness of fan mail? Jack McKenzie, Paul Brooke, Warwick Davis, Jeremy Bulloch etc are some of the top ones. Jerry Harte too. They are kind always.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yes...Jack McKenzie was one of my early requests years ago and is still one of my favorite responses. At the time I was writing a number of Imperial and Rebel troops...and it was these actors..who all had brief screen appearances...who took the time to write peronal heartfelt responses. Even if they were just saying the same things they tell all fans...they took the time and effort to respond...which is above and beyond what anyone expects. :)

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Got Jack McKenzie back in the mail! Signed 3 index cards, and a calendar image I sent, and sent his own photo of trading card!! Awesome success! Also wrote me a full-page handwritten letter answering my questions! Great Guy!:D

Date Sent: 7/26/07
Date Received: 8/15/06

Address Used:
33 Marlborough Mansions
Cannon Hill
London, NW6 1JS
UK

JackMcKenzieAutographs.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Mr. McKenzie signed both of my Custom made Index Cards, But not my 4x6 custom photos. The reason why? Well I used the wrong scene from TESB when I made them! DOH! They feature a Rebel Officer played by Norman Chancer and not Jack McKenzie. But he graciously sent his own 4x6 photo that was personalized and signed! He also included a nice Hand-Written letter explaining the mistake I made on the photos. Thank you Jack! I used the "Adrian King Associates" address in the WG database.

Envelope:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Jack_McKenzie_Envelope.jpg

4x6 Photos:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Jack_McKenzie_4x6_Photos.jpg

Index Cards:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Jack_McKenzie_Autographed_4x6_Index.jpg

Letter:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Jack_McKenzie_Letter.jpg

Sent: December 1st 2007
Replied December 17th 2007
Days Taken: 17

RYAN-J :D

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Thank You! It's been kind of a dry spell with getting Autographs lately So I was happy when those came! :)

RYAN-J

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Great job Ryan. Thanks for the head's up on my misquote. I've contacted AmShak about correcting the error. (After six months even I can't edit my own posts.) :p

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well....he's fixed the quote, but the rest of my sentence is all wrong, which is my blunder. I sent him another PM to change that when he has a chance. I didn't realize until after I'd sent it to him that the scene I am describing in the set-up is a completely different scene from the quote. Therefore, I have Cal Alder telling Han Solo that there's been no sign of Skywalker or Solo. :p

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
Has there been any success lately at the following address:

C/O ADRIAN KING ASSOCIATES,
33 MARLBOROUGH MANSIONS,
CANNON HILL,
LONDON
NW6 1JS

I have read at one site it is no longer valid and one site says he still answers the mail.

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
I have these photos if anyone wants to use them.

Attachments

• 122 JACK MCKENZIE EP5.jpg
    122 JACK MCKENZIE EP5.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 420
  • 122 JACK MCKENZIE EP51.jpg
    122 JACK MCKENZIE EP51.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 510
  • 122 JACK MCKENZIE EP52.jpg
    122 JACK MCKENZIE EP52.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 399

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
Success! Mr. McKenzie signed all three photos that I sent him. He also included a signed letter as well included his biography. He also inclued two signed Star Wars Days cards! Perfect, thank you! I used the above address!

Attachments

• mckenzie.jpg
    mckenzie.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 420