075 - John Altman (Rebel Pilot ROTJ)

Discussion in 'Autograph Collecting' started by darthskellington, Jul 2, 2006.

1. darthskellington

darthskellington Dark Lord of the Typos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr. Altman has a lengthy career in film and stage. Many of his big screen appearances were smaller roles, such as Police officers in An American Werewolf in London, or as a rebel pilot in Return of the Jedi. However, he really into fame for his popular role as Nick Cotton in the show EastEnders, a role he has reprised several times since the 1980s. More recently he played Captain Hook in a stage performance of Peter Pan, and even appeared in the premeire episode of Celebrity Fear Factor UK.

At this time I do not know what pilot he played, or whether it was in the briefing or in a cockpit.

You can check out Mr. Altman’s IMDB filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0022904/

Mr. Altman seems happy to sign for fans. Several people have had successful results this year, all in less than a month. Mr. Altman signs and inscribes items sent to him, and sometimes includes his own small photos.

John Altman
    c/o Daly Pearson Associates
    586A King's Road
    Chelsea, London
    SW6 2DX
    United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

2. AmShak

AmShak Senior Moderator Staff Member

My request was sent today.

3. AmShak

my response came yesterday. He signed the items that i sent, although he signed the cards on the back. I'm getting used to that since it seems to be a common thing to do. He also included 3 of his own.

33 days

Attached Files:

4. AmShak

above are the items that i sent and below is what he sent

Attached Files:

5. darthskellington

My request goes out Monday. Seems this one got buried in my to-do list. :eek:

6. darthskellington

Got a response yesterday...taking 25 days. Mr. Altman signed my items. The cards were signed on the back....although he used black pen which makes sense...it would have been invisible on the front of the card.

He also included a post-it note with answering my question....he was filmed in the cockpit of a starfighter. He also wrote Photo..Please Do Not Bend on my envelope. :)

Attached Files:

7. Bounty CK

Bounty CK Spy

What kind of starfighter?

8. darthskellington

He didn't specify, and probably doesn't know since he would have only seen the cockpit.

Through process of elimination, I'd say probably not an A-Wing...I thnk there were only 2 of those pilots (one older, one younger, and teh younger one is accounted for, the older one would be too old).

So...maybe X-Wing. Could be Y-Wing...but when I think of them I think of Colonel Salm and the asian looking guy. Don't recall any B-Wing pilots off the top of my head. Time to dig out the dvds :p

9. Bounty CK

Bounty CK Spy

Got success today.Took 16 days:)

Also added his personal card signed:p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see,he signed almost all on card back except one.Maybe it is a hint that he is a pilot in that big ship:D

10. Vader Nation

Vader Nation Sith in Canada

Any success lately? I sent a request to the above address. I have included the following pics for anyone.

Attached Files:

11. Vader Nation

Very nice success! Mr. Altman included 2 of his own pictures, autographed all 3 of mine and included a nice hand written note!

Attached Files:

• ja.JPG
      ja.JPG
      File size:
      124.6 KB
      Views:
    • ja1.JPG
      ja1.JPG
      File size:
      113.5 KB
      Views:
    • ja2.JPG
      ja2.JPG
      File size:
      66.3 KB
      Views:
  12. RYAN-J

RYAN-J TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER

Very cool success. :D

RYAN-J

13. Vader Nation

I am still trying to figure out which pilot he is. He didn't really specify.

14. jedibill

jedibill New Recruit

I would think since his call sign is Red 12 it would have to an Xwing right? If it was a Ywing then it would be "gold" call sign.

15. Chewie

Chewie The Mighty Wookiee

I believe he flew an X-wing... I was checking out a few signed pictures of him from various websites - some of the photos had him credited as an X-wing Pilot.

16. jedibill

jedibill New Recruit

Oops I got the two Johns confused, Altman and Chapman, Chapman was Red 12, sorry

17. Vader Nation

I would like to know the scene that he is in although.

18. jedibill

jedibill New Recruit

I just sent out my request to him asking the same question hopefully I'll get a response

19. Vader Nation

He seems to enjoy responding to his fans.