075 - John Altman (Rebel Pilot ROTJ)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_John_Altman.jpg

Mr. Altman has a lengthy career in film and stage. Many of his big screen appearances were smaller roles, such as Police officers in An American Werewolf in London, or as a rebel pilot in Return of the Jedi. However, he really into fame for his popular role as Nick Cotton in the show EastEnders, a role he has reprised several times since the 1980s. More recently he played Captain Hook in a stage performance of Peter Pan, and even appeared in the premeire episode of Celebrity Fear Factor UK.

At this time I do not know what pilot he played, or whether it was in the briefing or in a cockpit.

You can check out Mr. Altman’s IMDB filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0022904/

Mr. Altman seems happy to sign for fans. Several people have had successful results this year, all in less than a month. Mr. Altman signs and inscribes items sent to him, and sometimes includes his own small photos.

John Altman
c/o Daly Pearson Associates
586A King's Road
Chelsea, London
SW6 2DX
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
my response came yesterday. He signed the items that i sent, although he signed the cards on the back. I'm getting used to that since it seems to be a common thing to do. He also included 3 of his own.

33 days

Attachments

• 0075 John Altman epX 1 success.jpg
    0075 John Altman epX 1 success.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,247
  • 0075 John Altman epX 3 success.jpg
    0075 John Altman epX 3 success.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 632
  • 0075 John Altman epX 4 success.jpg
    0075 John Altman epX 4 success.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 1,010

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
above are the items that i sent and below is what he sent

Attachments

• 0075 John Altman epX 2 success.jpg
    0075 John Altman epX 2 success.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 998
  • 0075 John Altman epX 6 success.jpg
    0075 John Altman epX 6 success.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 639
  • 0075 John Altman epX 7 success.jpg
    0075 John Altman epX 7 success.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 638

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Got a response yesterday...taking 25 days. Mr. Altman signed my items. The cards were signed on the back....although he used black pen which makes sense...it would have been invisible on the front of the card.

He also included a post-it note with answering my question....he was filmed in the cockpit of a starfighter. He also wrote Photo..Please Do Not Bend on my envelope. :)

Attachments

• skel_john_altman.jpg
    skel_john_altman.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 586

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
He didn't specify, and probably doesn't know since he would have only seen the cockpit.

Through process of elimination, I'd say probably not an A-Wing...I thnk there were only 2 of those pilots (one older, one younger, and teh younger one is accounted for, the older one would be too old).

So...maybe X-Wing. Could be Y-Wing...but when I think of them I think of Colonel Salm and the asian looking guy. Don't recall any B-Wing pilots off the top of my head. Time to dig out the dvds :p

Got success today.Took 16 days:)

Also added his personal card signed:p
JohnAltman_Postcard.jpg

JohnAltmanCards.jpg

As you can see,he signed almost all on card back except one.Maybe it is a hint that he is a pilot in that big ship:D

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
Any success lately? I sent a request to the above address. I have included the following pics for anyone.

Attachments

• 131 JOHN ALTMAN EP6.jpg
    131 JOHN ALTMAN EP6.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 552
  • 131 JOHN ALTMAN EP61.jpg
    131 JOHN ALTMAN EP61.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 594
  • 131 JOHN ALTMAN EP62.jpg
    131 JOHN ALTMAN EP62.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 549

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
Very nice success! Mr. Altman included 2 of his own pictures, autographed all 3 of mine and included a nice hand written note!

Attachments

• ja.JPG
    ja.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 554
  • ja1.JPG
    ja1.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 573
  • ja2.JPG
    ja2.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 565

jedibill

New Recruit
darthskellington;72676 said:
So...maybe X-Wing. Could be Y-Wing...but when I think of them I think of Colonel Salm and the asian looking guy. Don't recall any B-Wing pilots off the top of my head. Time to dig out the dvds :p

I would think since his call sign is Red 12 it would have to an Xwing right? If it was a Ywing then it would be "gold" call sign.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I believe he flew an X-wing... I was checking out a few signed pictures of him from various websites - some of the photos had him credited as an X-wing Pilot.

jedibill

New Recruit
jedibill;83684 said:
I would think since his call sign is Red 12 it would have to an Xwing right? If it was a Ywing then it would be "gold" call sign.

Oops I got the two Johns confused, Altman and Chapman, Chapman was Red 12, sorry