074 - Dennis Muren (Visual FX Supervisor)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Dennis_Muren.jpg

Dennis Muren has had a highly successful career in the Special Effects industry. Starting with the cult classic B-movie Equinox, eventually landed at ILM working on the first Star Wars movie. He then worked as Effects Director of Photography on The Empire Strikes and was the Visual Effects Supervisor (or similar positions) on numerous other movies. These include: Return of the Jedi, Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Temple of Doom, Ewoks: Caravan of Courage, Star Tours, Jurassic Park, Casper, A.I., and War of the Worlds, to name a few. His outstanding work has earned him 8 Academy Awards.

For some extra trivia, he played the Nazi Spy on the airplane in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

You can check out Mr. Muren’s IMDB filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0613830/

Mr. Muren doesn’t have very many results to back up his record. The most recent through-the-mail result was in 2004, care of ILM, in which he signed and inscribed item sent to him. I’m hoping he can still be reached and is willing to sign. I’ll let you know what my request turns up.

Dennis Muren
Industrial Light & Magic
P.O. Box 2459
San Rafael, CA. 94912
USA

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0074 Dennis Muren epX 1.jpg
    0074 Dennis Muren epX 1.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 472
  • 0074 Dennis Muren epX 2.2.jpg
    0074 Dennis Muren epX 2.2.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 606
  • 0074 Dennis Muren epX 3.jpg
    0074 Dennis Muren epX 3.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 523

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I sent Mr. Muren a small photo, and index, and a #10 SASE. When i got back form my vacation I had a response waiting for me :) Mr. Muren signed and personalized my photo. The index was not signed.

Sent 7/1/06
Received 7/29/06

Awesome success :D

Attachments

• TBS_Muren_sig.jpg
    TBS_Muren_sig.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 496

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
After a dry week, I finally got two responses today.

Here's how I know I'm a Star Wars geek. My two successes today? Dennis Muren and Margaret Thatcher. Guess which one I was more excited about?

LOL. May the Force Be With You!

Used the ILM address - scan will be on my site later today.

Sent on 7/12/06 - received 8/26/06

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
mine came back today and he signed all of my items.

49 days

Attachments

• 0074 Dennis Muren epX 1 success.jpg
    0074 Dennis Muren epX 1 success.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 445
  • 0074 Dennis Muren epX 2 success.jpg
    0074 Dennis Muren epX 2 success.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 425
  • 0074 Dennis Muren epX 3 success.jpg
    0074 Dennis Muren epX 3 success.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 460
  • 0074 Dennis Muren epX 4 success.jpg
    0074 Dennis Muren epX 4 success.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 1,048

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
He also worked on "Hulk" Which came out a couple of years ago!! It says above that he played a Nazi Spy in Raiders, Was he the one Indiana Jones threw out the Window? Only I recall that being a Blimp they were on. I haven't seen that movie in a few months, I'll have to get it again.:D I'm probably wrong.

RYAN J.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Well I just talked to Mr. Muren Via the telephone and I asked him if the above address was still Valid, he said "No it is not, we have recently Relocated" I then asked him if he had a current address that I could write him to, He replied "Yes! it's:

Mr. Dennis Muren
C/O Industrial Light & Magic
1110 Gorguas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129

Now that I know this NEW address will work,:D I will be getting my request out shortly! Just have to print off the pictures Amshak made and I'll be all set!

RYAN J.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
My Request went out today using this address:

Mr. Dennis Muren
C/O Industrial Light & Magic
1110 Gorguas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129

RYAN J.