053 - Colin Higgins (ANH Wedge Antilles - Rebel Briefing scene)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Colin_Higgins.jpg

Mr. Higgins has a lengthy career in British television and film. He has appeared in a variety of movies, mini-series and shows, including Blake's 7, Poirot, and The Bill. To Star Wars fans, he's known as the "other" Wedge. :p During the Rebel briefing in A New Hope, Luke comments about bulls-eyeing Womp Rats back on Tatooine to the pilot sitting next to him. He calls this person Wedge. Well, Wedge he may be, but the Wedge Antilles we're most familiar with from all three original movies is played by another actor, Denis Lawson. Nonetheless, Mr. Higgins played his part in the Rebel Alliance, and rightfully contributed to the character Wedge.

You can check out Mr. Higgins’ IMDB filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0383360/

Mr. Higgins is a relatively new signer, but is happy to sign items sent to him. Most people have received a response in less than a month, always less than two months. This is another excellent autograph opportunity from A New Hope, so don't pass it up.

Colin Higgins
c/o Narrow Road - Michael Cronin
21/22 Poland Street
London W1F 8QH
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0053 Colin Higgins ep4 1.2.jpg
    0053 Colin Higgins ep4 1.2.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 0053 Colin Higgins ep4 2.jpg
    0053 Colin Higgins ep4 2.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 880
  • 0053 Colin Higgins ep4 3.jpg
    0053 Colin Higgins ep4 3.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 637

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Today brought four envelopes, with my sole Star Wars success being Mr. Higgins.

He signed and inscribed the photo I sent to him. I usually make you all go to my website, but since no one has posted his sig yet, I'll do it here.

:)

Thanks Bothans.

Attachments

• FakeWedge.JPG
    FakeWedge.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 612

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
He's never actually referred to by name in the movie. His lines in the script are simply labeled as Wedge. I personally just take this as a script error and consider him as "X-Wing Pilot". (No disrespect to Mr. Higgins).

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Received a response this weekend :) Mr. Higgins signed my trading card, indexes and print out. He also wrote a short letter apologising for the delay and explaining that a lot of his fan mail got mixed up when he moved. Awesome response.

Took 6 months.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
my response came on the 6th. he signed all of my items, although some are a bit smudged.

35 days

Attachments

• 0053 Colin Higgins ep4 1 success.jpg
    0053 Colin Higgins ep4 1 success.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 596
  • 0053 Colin Higgins ep4 3 success.jpg
    0053 Colin Higgins ep4 3 success.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 485
  • 0053 Colin Higgins epX 1 success.jpg
    0053 Colin Higgins epX 1 success.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 515
  • 0053 Colin Higgins epX 2 success.jpg
    0053 Colin Higgins epX 2 success.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 529
Got success today.Took 30 days :)

ColinHigginsCards.jpg

It was so cool that he signed both sides of those 2 widevision cards:p
ColinHiggins_7.jpg

He also wrote me a letter said I'm the lucky one.One US dollar was not enough to send the cards back to Hong Kong.Oops sorry,but he signed & returned them anyway.What a nice guy! I'm so appreciated:p
ColinHiggins_letter.jpg

Matt

New Recruit
Success from Mr. Higgins today, he signed my 2 CCG's and 2 widevisions and sent a letter answering my questions and apologising for the delay.
41 days in the UK.

Recieved my Wedge action figure back today signed by Colin Higgins. Took just 18 days!

Attachments

• Colin Higgins LR.jpg
    Colin Higgins LR.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 519

Jay

New Recruit
Success! I sent 1 of the samples above. Came back signed.

Sent: 3/12/07
Recieved 3/31/07

BTW, he was nice to meet at CIV. Didnt seem to talk Star Wars much.

ryboflavin72

Wookie Veterinarian
this success is around celebration took about 2 weeks. was sent back to me from california right before celebration. sent to the uk addy.

Jay

New Recruit
It was great meeting him at CIV. He didnt seem to want to talk about Star Wars much. Our conversation was short unfortunatly.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Got A reply back from Colin Higgins today!! He Signed and personalized all three of my 4x6 photos. He also sent a short letter along answering my questions!! SAE was used. Thanks Colin!!

Envelope:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Colin_Higgins_Envelope.jpg

Autographs:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Colin_Higgins_Autographs_01.jpg

Letter:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Colin_Higgins_Letter_01.jpg

Sent: August 16th 2007
Replied: September 22nd 2007
Days Taken: 38

RYAN-J

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
Success! I sent a letter, 3 photos, SAE and $ for return postage. I got all three back personalized and signed, but no letter answering my questions. Still a nice success!