023 - Mark Jones (Commander Nemet)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Mark_Jones.jpg

Mr. Jones has a lengthy career in film and televison , often playing policemen and officers. Much of his work occurred in the 1970s and early 1980s, with his appearance in The Empire Strikes Back being one of his last film appearances. In ESB, Jones plays Commander Nemet, a logistics officer on the Avenger. Nemet relays information regarding their pursuit of the Millennium Falcon to Captain Needa.

Not much other information is known regarding Mr. Jones, although presumably he has some stage experience. Hopefully I can uncover some more information :)

You can check out Mr. Jones’s IMDB filmography here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428752/

Mr. Jones does sign items sent to him through mail, sometimes including short notes in response. Previous requests have turned out results very quickly, in less than a month. This is a great opportunity for a good signature. Log your requests here.

Mark Jones
29 SOUTH VIEW
PENRYN CORNWALL
TR10 8EA
UNITED KINGDOM

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0023 Mark Jones ep5 1.2.jpg
    0023 Mark Jones ep5 1.2.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 592
  • 0023 Mark Jones ep5 2.jpg
    0023 Mark Jones ep5 2.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 612

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 023 - Mark Jones (Commander Nemet)

Received a response today :) Mr. Jones signed my two index cards, as well as the CCG card I sent (Kinda hard to make out cause it's in black). They are all personalized. Curiously, he only printed his name on items. :p One index card points out his performance in Marat/Sade, an acclaimed 1965 Broadway play, and Doctor Who (The Seeds of Doom), another of his popular appearances. He also wrote on my envelope "Do Not Bend."

Took 13 days.

Attachments

• mark jones sig.jpg
    mark jones sig.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 592

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
My request came back today. i know that i have just begun collecting through the mail but i would say that this one is going in the "disapointment" category. Of course i'm happy that he took the time to sign and return one of my items, i just wish it would have turned out better.

I sent two items. one was returned signed ... sort of

10 days

Attachments

• 0023 Mark Jones ep5 2 success.jpg
    0023 Mark Jones ep5 2 success.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 620
  • 0023 Mark Jones ep5 2 success2.jpg
    0023 Mark Jones ep5 2 success2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 547

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yes, my signature from him was unusual as well. :p Mr. Jones seems to be a signer who is not very expressive, and who seems not to want to obscure images. In your case, he sigend such that he didn't write over the SW logo. In mine, he signed in black marker in the black space of the CCG card, so as not to mark over the photo or text. :p Curious.

I'm still happy to have it in my collection.

Don't worry AmShak, sooner or later you find someone who signs on top of your image, completely ignoring the signing area. ;)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
darthskelington said:
Don't worry AmShak, sooner or later you find someone who signs on top of your image, completely ignoring the signing area. ;)
i just got one that used the entire space provided. i'll post it in a bit:)

DarthNervous

Jedi Healer
Yes, depending on the person, I usually send out one photo. I am not into cards.

For example, I sent a photo of a space battle scene and Jabba's sail barge to Paul Huston. I already have Howard Kazanjian's sig on one photo. I know Paul Huston is a good and quick signer. So when I get those back, the sail barge photo will go to Robert Bovill, a model maker from ROTJ.

Then when I get that back, I may re-send the Sail barge photo to Howad Kazanjian.

And besides, the shots with Mark Jones in them only really show him clearly. I am not greedy.

Eventually I will have enough money to travel to England to a convention where there are like 20 people and get their names on one poster.

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
After a long dry spell, i got a nice reply.

Mr. Jones signed both photos that I sent, however there was a note from his nephew saying that he has not been well and that was the reason for the delay.